New England Kit

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The Dacia logo is a bit big 😳

It's not bigger than the logo on the Hummel England or GB kits. The fact the horizontal line on the St George cross is only slightly taller does give a bit of an optical illusion.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

12 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

77737.jpg

I know what you're all thinking.

Not enough flag motifs.

I can only count five.

Embarrassingly unpatriotic.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

Which already looked cheap and tacky by itself! 

I'm obviously not their target market, but that thing looks horrible. 

Are many people honestly going to buy it??

It’s consistent with previous World Cups. Plenty will buy it

I like it! It's more or less exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully the fan version doesn't have the Monster logo on it. 

Only big downside is the collar which I think Oxen consistently get wrong. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

I don’t understand the awful outline round the WC logo. Overall looks a bit cheap and nasty. However, we do have 8 (eight) training tees to choose from so I’ll probably go for one of those!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

29 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

I don’t understand the awful outline round the WC logo. Overall looks a bit cheap and nasty. However, we do have 8 (eight) training tees to choose from so I’ll probably go for one of those!

You'll likely see it enforced across all countries kits, the white outline will enable it to work on different colour backgrounds but yeah on a white kit seems redundant. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Looks like the monster logo isn't on the fans version which is good cos that does look rubbish with that big black box. I'm guessing that's maybe because they had already produced this shirt when monster signed up cos I can't think it would be cos they don't want to advertise energy drinks to fans when there is a massive betting logo on it as well. 

Overall I do quite like that, just a slightly slicker, more modern looking version of the 95 offering which I also don't mind. Still not gonna be spending £50 on this mind, I only got the last England shirt last year on M&M Direct for about £25 or something like that and I havent even worn it yet plus I tend to just wear the 94 GB shirt if I'm going to an international. 

Overall I'd give the fans shirt a 7/10 and the players one a 6/10, brought down a point by that horrible monster logo. 

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Overall I do quite like that, just a slightly slicker, more modern looking version of the 95 offering which I also don't mind. Still not gonna be spending £50 on this mind, I only got the last England shirt last year on M&M Direct for about £25 or something like that and I havent even worn it yet plus I tend to just wear the 94 GB shirt if I'm going to an international. 

Says it all really. No surprise at all.

A 3 paragraph review, but you have no intention of buying it.

I just can't see many other people buying it either TBH despite what @Spidey says. 

If you compare sports, England football (Euros) goes for a simple, classy white shirt with the Nike logo and a badge (3 lions) in the centre. England union also goes with a simple but slightly less classy white shirt with red detailing, umbro logo, and a large sponsor, as well as a badge (rose) on the left. Both sports have gone for a (relatively) classy understated look. 

Is the Rugby League market really so different from these sports? It has again taken a very different approach in that it has a cheap looking shirt that will look out of date incredibly quickly. 

Still, the team might be really proud to wear that flag thing (maybe?) and I guess that is more important. 

Archived