Jump to content

Recommended Posts


  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seeing as though they have given a sneak preview of the kit, I will give a sneak preview of my reaction. I think i

Of those shown I prefer the one the Burgi are wearing .

New preview just in:

Posted Images

On 24/04/2021 at 18:28, EastLondonMike said:

You can only embroider with genuine clarity to a certain size. Detail is incredibly hard to keep clear when you have intricate elements like the lions on the England badge. You only have to look at the image posted by Oxen to see evidence of this. Not just on the badge but also on the letters that make up the badge. 'G' and 'B' and the 'I' in 'XIII' being so small and close together the thread is virtually merging in parts.

I work a lot with the Red Bull logo, which for the above mentioned reasons cannot be embroidered beyond a certain size.

With so many high quality print applications available which offer so much more clarity, embroidery is the last thing you'd want to use on a sports badge. Though many seem to associate an embroidery with something premium, which it's not. In this case a Silicon badge or High Density print would have been much better. Either would have added more value to the look of the shirt and offered complete clarity. Even a high quality heat transfer (which are generally pretty cheap in terms of cost) would have been better suited.

I wouldn't buy a rugby shirt that didn't have an embroidered badge. It just seems cheap. I hated the 2008 one with the weird felt badge.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

  • Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/04/2021 at 18:28, EastLondonMike said:

You can only embroider with genuine clarity to a certain size. Detail is incredibly hard to keep clear when you have intricate elements like the lions on the England badge. You only have to look at the image posted by Oxen to see evidence of this. Not just on the badge but also on the letters that make up the badge. 'G' and 'B' and the 'I' in 'XIII' being so small and close together the thread is virtually merging in parts.

I work a lot with the Red Bull logo, which for the above mentioned reasons cannot be embroidered beyond a certain size.

With so many high quality print applications available which offer so much more clarity, embroidery is the last thing you'd want to use on a sports badge. Though many seem to associate an embroidery with something premium, which it's not. In this case a Silicon badge or High Density print would have been much better. Either would have added more value to the look of the shirt and offered complete clarity. Even a high quality heat transfer (which are generally pretty cheap in terms of cost) would have been better suited.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the industry professional perspective but as a consumer, I very much prefer an embroidered badge and it does indicate premium, regardless of the stitching detail............ and consumers are the target market 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I wouldn't buy a rugby shirt that didn't have an embroidered badge. It just seems cheap. I hated the 2008 one with the weird felt badge.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

 

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the industry professional perspective but as a consumer, I very much prefer an embroidered badge and it does indicate premium, regardless of the stitching detail............ and consumers are the target market 

I don't disagree with either point, in fact I totally agree, but are there "different types" of embroided badges? The type seen on modern football shirts, particularly nike and adidas for example, seems to be a bit of a cross between embroidery and sublimated badges. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I wouldn't buy a rugby shirt that didn't have an embroidered badge. It just seems cheap. I hated the 2008 one with the weird felt badge.

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

That's fine, that's your preference, and possibly the preference of many others who see an embroidery as a sign of something being a premium product.

Reality is though it's not.

But many aren't bothered by that. 

I think it's also a historical thing, as old rugby jerseys always carried an embroidered badge, for the obvious reason of it being the best option of the times.

Though there are obviously good and bad embroideries.

some brands will always cater to what they know and what they know the consumer has always purchased. It's a low risk approach. And is very much a sales led approach. And will probably always be the approach of smaller brands. And there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Me personally, I love a silicon badge. And wouldn't buy any sports jersey if I thought it was poorly made, but then I am looking at things from a slightly skewed view point, because of the industry I work in. And am very much in the minority in that respect.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Thanks for that,I was thinking of buying a training shirt,but seeing it closeup I’ll give it a miss.

The Oxen training shirts are quite cheap to be honest. I bought a Widnes one online and have never worn it due to how shiny it is and the fact it's massively too short.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

The Oxen training shirts are quite cheap to be honest. I bought a Widnes one online and have never worn it due to how shiny it is and the fact it's massively too short.

RL and cheap gear. It is an irresistible partnership.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Thanks for that,I was thinking of buying a training shirt,but seeing it closeup I’ll give it a miss.

Horses for courses. I like it a lot but I'm put off by the "quality" issues.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2 Eagles shirts that came at Christmas (home for me, away for the lad) are both good quality and on a par with the O'Neils Warrington shirt i have from a couple of years ago, and are both IMHO better than the Hummel England one I have (which is a terrible fit with a terrible collar). 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2021 at 09:31, hunsletgreenandgold said:

They've done a sneak preview, as always seems to be the way these days. First things first - i'm very pleased to see the badge hasn't been redesigned. But yeah i'll reserve judgement on the kit itself until you can actually see it......obviously 

 

 

We should make the most out of the 'XIII' roman numerals more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who really cares anymore? We will play about 4 games in this shirt and wont be seen for another 18-24 months where we will have a new kit provider and maybe a new badge design.

 

It is just the case we are polishing up the same old ###### over and over. Until we start playing regularly it doesn't matter what the badge or kits look like.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

 

Yep always remind me off those knock off England tops the supermarkets do during tournaments

I thought it was only me who had noticed that. In my opinion the st George cross emblazoned all over is cringey and embarrassing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Anyone who really cares anymore? We will play about 4 games in this shirt and wont be seen for another 18-24 months where we will have a new kit provider and maybe a new badge design.

 

It is just the case we are polishing up the same old ###### over and over. Until we start playing regularly it doesn't matter what the badge or kits look like.

I can certainly empathise

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

when is the kit mug being released?

The real question everyone wants to know!

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...