Playing through vomit?

I  just watched Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson vomit on the field before the NRL game kickoff between Parramatta and Brisbane in tropical Darwin.  Nobody came on to clean it up. In that hot and humid climate (30C but feels like 34C) the vomit will remain warm and liquid on the field for the duration of the game.  Obviously not only will the players be forced to run through the vomit. They may even be tackled and fall into it. 

We have health regulations for a reason. Surely the NRL and the RFL should have strict rules and measures in place to rectify this disgusting situation. 

4 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

the vomit will remain warm and liquid on the field for the duration of the game

I've done a quick search, and in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that this phrase has never been used on this forum before.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

21 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I've done a quick search, and in case anyone was wondering, I can confirm that this phrase has never been used on this forum before.

I am sure that a lot of people have been wondering. We are all deeply indebted to you for your outstanding research efforts.

What about the phrase “the chunder will remain warm and liquid on the field for the duration of the game?” Chunder is a word often used by Australians and made famous by the Men At Work hit song “Down Under.”

15 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I felt sick just watching it happen. Why should I, an innocent bystander, be forced to suffer for this grossly negligent behaviour?

You are not qualified let alone able to identify the contents of said vomit, or the porous nature of the ground to enable it to drain away, and lastly its health consequences from watching TV pictures.   

I believe that there should be a rule that players on the verge of vomiting on field should pull out the bottom of their jersey to catch the excretion before it hits the ground, while staggering towards and over the sideline. Failure to do so by the player should result in a penalty to the opposing side where the said offence took place, 

2 minutes ago, Manfred Mann said:

I believe that there should be a rule that players on the verge of vomiting on field should pull out the bottom of their jersey to catch the excretion before it hits the ground, while staggering towards and over the sideline. Failure to do so by the player should result in a penalty to the opposing side where the offense took place, 

Can you highlight where it is on the field please? I've thought of a new game. 

5 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Can you highlight where it is on the field please? I thought of a new game. 

Since you are obviously planning to profit from this hideous situation,  I am not prepared to reveal this information unless and until I am given a legal status of sharing a specific share of the future game profits. 

30 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Like being a kid again on the local field and trying not to get tackled in the dog ######. Then again we still have that problem in france on the training fields! 

Some Super League clubs have that problem too.

Manfred.  In the 2004 Euros Zidane was sick before he took a penalty against England. 

A quick search will reveal graphic photographic evidence.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

17 minutes ago, Irish Saint said:

Manfred.  In the 2004 Euros Zidane was sick before he took a penalty against England. 

Surely this comment belongs in the cross code forum.

52 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Blake “The Vomit Comet” Ferguson has a nice ring to it. 

As long as he doesn't do it while performing that somersault of his - it could go everywhere!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, Futtocks said:

As long as he doesn't do it while performing that somersault of his - it could go everywhere!

Why have I pictured an Exorcist, Blake Ferguson, catherine wheel hybrid.

And, more importantly, why can't I get it out of my head. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

2 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Why have I pictured an Exorcist, Blake Ferguson, catherine wheel hybrid.

And, more importantly, why can't I get it out of my head. 

This movie needs to be made, pronto!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

I  just watched Parramatta winger Blake Ferguson vomit on the field before the NRL game kickoff between Parramatta and Brisbane in tropical Darwin.  Nobody came on to clean it up. In that hot and humid climate (30C but feels like 34C) the vomit will remain warm and liquid on the field for the duration of the game.  Obviously not only will the players be forced to run through the vomit. They may even be tackled and fall into it. 

We have health regulations for a reason. Surely the NRL and the RFL should have strict rules and measures in place to rectify this disgusting situation. 

I think you have a fair point, people may take the #### but especially in the current environment you just can't sweep it under the carpet. 😉

6 hours ago, Irish Saint said:

Indeed , and just went on to take the penalty without missing a beat 

7 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Blake “The Vomit Comet” Ferguson has a nice ring to it. 

Thanks to the internet and social media the video has gotten as far as the USA, where he is now known Barfer Blake.

On 23/04/2021 at 11:28, Manfred Mann said:

Cheers for that mate. I was eating a sandwich when I read it 🙂 🤮

On 23/04/2021 at 14:03, Manfred Mann said:

Surely this comment belongs in the cross code forum.

I have a memory of an english bowler, think it was phil de fratis, running in at full speed, stopping suddenly, and violently depositing his lunch at the batsmens feet at the non striking end. Think it was a test in india, also seem to remember seeing it live possibly on grandstand. 

Archived