Membership fees to play Community RL

13 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

There are other sports teams beside rugby league...   union football cricket bowls hockey, you name it.

My daughter plays Water Polo.. we pay club fees, we pay on a term by term basis for pool hire and we pay a yearly subscription to Swim England.. the Swim England one covers insurance and general membership of the governing body (which has discounts etc for games and some clothing links etc IIRC)

I dont have an issue with that. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, RP London said:

My daughter plays Water Polo.. we pay club fees, we pay on a term by term basis for pool hire and we pay a yearly subscription to Swim England.. the Swim England one covers insurance and general membership of the governing body (which has discounts etc for games and some clothing links etc IIRC)

There are fees already paid, usually per team. This is a shift to per player. 

I can see it causing issues for teams lower down the pyramid. Our second team for instances could have up to 50 players registered but only have say 15 regulars. The non regulars will pay subs when they play. But that wouldn’t cover 12 months RFL membership as well. 

13 minutes ago, Spidey said:

There are fees already paid, usually per team. This is a shift to per player. 

I can see it causing issues for teams lower down the pyramid. Our second team for instances could have up to 50 players registered but only have say 15 regulars. The non regulars will pay subs when they play. But that wouldn’t cover 12 months RFL membership as well. 

No I get that, and that was why i posted about the water polo as its not out of the ordinary for team sports to do this. 

When you register to play (as you need to) you pay your registration fee to the governing body (or set up a direct debit). 

1 hour ago, RP London said:

Do you mind saying how much you pay to Swim England for your daughters participation?

16 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Do you mind saying how much you pay to Swim England for your daughters participation?

off the top of my head its either £15 or £20 a year.. on a personal level it covers the insurance, not sure what else in terms of what the club get out of it with help (in the last year quite a lot i expect as they have been lobbying hard about getting pools open etc). We get a newsletter every month (which makes my daughter feel part of something bigger which is nice) and as i say i think there are discount codes (but not used them or really investigated that hard). 

off the top of my head its either £15 or £20 a year.. on a personal level it covers the insurance, not sure what else in terms of what the club get out of it with help (in the last year quite a lot i expect as they have been lobbying hard about getting pools open etc). We get a newsletter every month (which makes my daughter feel part of something bigger which is nice) and as i say i think there are discount codes (but not used them or really investigated that hard). 

Hmm well that's roughly 30 or 40 pence a week.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot is it.

It's comparable with the figures quoted in an earlier post as proposed by RFL which seems to be causing such a furore.

I mean, if your child asked you for 40 pence tomorrow, for a bag of sweeties, you wouldn't write a strongly worded letter to your MP about the appalling travesty of justice being perpetrated by the local sweetshop, would you?

I think, I'd just give her the 40p.

55 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Hmm well that's roughly 30 or 40 pence a week.

In the grand scheme of things it's not a lot is it.

It's comparable with the figures quoted in an earlier post as proposed by RFL which seems to be causing such a furore.

I mean, if your child asked you for 40 pence tomorrow, for a bag of sweeties, you wouldn't write a strongly worded letter to your MP about the appalling travesty of justice being perpetrated by the local sweetshop, would you?

I think, I'd just give her the 40p.

thats my thoughts to be honest.. except the sweets... they're not getting much for 40p nowadays!

thats my thoughts to be honest.. except the sweets... they're not getting much for 40p nowadays!

I know, 40p doesn't go a long way nowadays does it? ! 

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Joined up planning/thinking by who for what purpose? And with what money?

Council / sport England / lottery / planning authorities / charities / RFL /schools / Amateur rugby league clubs/pro rugby league clubs .

Maybe they could work together to develop sporting opportunities for local communities . 

Maybe work together to provide Education / work experience opportunities for local youths all attached to sporting facilities  . 

One football one rugby pitch(covered in dog ######) in an area with poor sporting facilities isn't really good enough .

Maybe an area within the massive Preston Road Estate (Hull) could have been developed  . Area is on its 3/4th Re-development within the last 30 years . 

Dockers are placed near Preston Roads boundary , Sutton Trust / East Hull are also close . 

Who would pay - Tax payer would be my guess . 

Archived