Swinton away

georgeb1

15 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Good looking squad again , I think we will do it this time😀😀😀

To be fair your defence will have to be top draw to stop them scoring they pass the ball along the line quickly from one side to the other and with ridyard the'ave got some one who still knows the game and is always a danger 

Having said that last week was a game of two halves in the first half we easily overrun them scoring five unanswered tries but in the second half when they had more ball than us only our outstanding defence kept them down to one try 

With the ball in hand they look a decent side who can play a bit of rugby so you will need DEFENCE DEFENCE DEFENCE to snuff them out 

Reckon he'll put Marsh back in the halves with Keyes for this weekend with Wynne starting at full back. What I wouldn't give to have a settled squad right now, hopefully we'll start to see that soon. Would also love Keyes to remain for the season so hopefully KR don't get any injuries in their halves.

Tough game this again as Swinton seem to pull results out of nowhere. We need to start to prove we are a top side in this league and that 2019 wasn't a one off. Hopefully we see the effort and desire in our Tour de France kit to get us over the line... preferably comfortably.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Won’t be an easy match, Swinton look a solid team. My hope for today, apart from the 2 points, is we look more dangerous in attack. Looking at the squad, 4 forwards on the bench though I expect Washbrook to interchange with Jubb.

No Keyes though. Really hope Dean and Marsh can click in the halves.

I can only assume Keyes is off back anyway after this game but Dean is more long term so he may be trying to get the halves settle. Some interesting choices to say the least just hope I won't be complaining come full time

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Great team performance and nice to see our half backs running with the ball,again Marcus Stock showing that he can break tackles and make yards in open play,got to follow it up again next weekend

40 minutes ago, Toby The Tram said:

If I'm right, that's the most we've ever put past a team in the 2nd tier (since reforming as YCK)? Last best was 62-0 away at Oldham in 2006

We beat Rochdale 60-0 back in 2019. Can’t remember any others off top of my head.

1 hour ago, DEANO said:

Not bought this game but am following on Twitter. Doing great. Keep it up 2nd half

You tight person deano , was a solid flawless performance , even though swinton were tripe 😀😀😀

3 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

You tight person deano , was a solid flawless performance , even though swinton were tripe 😀😀😀

Not a great deal you can get for a fiver nowadays. And I'm looking forward to doubling my value by watching it all again when it pops up on-demand on the Our League site. 

Much better! First error I think was on 25mins, and first penalty conceded was on 37mins, can’t fault that. 

If I had to be critical support play in parts needs a lot more work - when Wynne made a break only Cuthbertson was in support though Wynne managed to round the Swinton player to the try line anyway. Plus Stock made 3 (?) breaks with no support. 

Kirmond was so much better such as the 2 on 1 play when I thought he was again going to go himself (like he did against Toulouse) but instead he did the right thing and passed to Marsh for the try.

Dixon great with his goal kicking. No one pushed into touch! Forwards all good, Wynne looked assured at fullback, Washbrook more involved, halves linked up well, Cuthbertson doing what he does best drawing players in instead of being first receiver every set. And yet I was concerned that first set of the game as we did 5 drives and a kick straight to the fullback. No need to worry 🙂

How good was Marsh though?! Bit of confusion on his try tally, BBC have him on 4 tries whereas YCK Twitter says 5. I only counted 4.

Dewsbury next up will be a tough game, very tight pitch and they’ve started well.

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Thought Wynne and Dean had great games for the Knights and no one had a poor one for a change.

Agree with that John, and Marsh seemed more assured than last week. Unlike the Sheffield game, we were getting ball out to our centres and quickly over ran the Lions.

I'll bet virtually all of us thought Marsh and Keyes would be paired, it just shows how highly rated young Dean is. Its a pity that his season has been so disrupted by the cup games. Well done everybody. 

Archived