Swinton away

georgeb1

A big well done to all the Knight's players and staff for this afternoon's entertaining display and thank you for all the hard work that you've all obviously put in during the week.

I'd just like to add I prefer not to say the opposition were rubbish or "tripe" but they played as well as the Knights allowed them to play on the day. To me to suggest otherwise demeans the effort put in by the Knights.

2 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Agree with that John, and Marsh seemed more assured than last week. Unlike the Sheffield game, we were getting ball out to our centres and quickly over ran the Lions.

I'll bet virtually all of us thought Marsh and Keyes would be paired, it just shows how highly rated young Dean is. Its a pity that his season has been so disrupted by the cup games. Well done everybody. 

One thing that did disappoint me this afternoon (apart from the appalling camera angles😀) was the fact that nobody appeared to be able to back up Marcus Stock on three great line breaks - perhaps he's just too quick!

He must be the Knights' most improved player this year.

So none of last weeks moaners surfacing this week talking about SL big time charlies only here for the money. The Knights have not changed from a totally clueless under par team to a Championship winning side in the space of a week. What the armchair critics fail to take into account is the quality of the opposition and that reflects on how well you are allowed to play. Still someone has referred to todays opposition as “tripe”to explain the change of fortune.

There was an element of improvement in execution this week however there has not been a seed change in the team’s ability and endeavour in the space of a week. Let’s not rush to over criticise or over praise on the result of one or two performances but do so over a season performance.

35 minutes ago, Silverlight said:

So none of last weeks moaners surfacing this week talking about SL big time charlies only here for the money. The Knights have not changed from a totally clueless under par team to a Championship winning side in the space of a week. What the armchair critics fail to take into account is the quality of the opposition and that reflects on how well you are allowed to play. Still someone has referred to todays opposition as “tripe”to explain the change of fortune.

There was an element of improvement in execution this week however there has not been a seed change in the team’s ability and endeavour in the space of a week. Let’s not rush to over criticise or over praise on the result of one or two performances but do so over a season performance.

I stand by my comments from last week. Last week and previous games have not what we have been used to. I make no apologies for my comments as I thought they were poor. However this week must have been a hell of a lot better. Keep up the good work

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

The big difference today for me, was how we moved the ball wide before the forwards drove in. and this stretched the Swinton defence and  created space for the backs. Dean showed great promise, and I think when O'Hagen gets back they will make a formidable half back pairing. Marsh was brilliant today, but he is better still when he plays full back and can pick when he joins the line when we attack. IF we can win next week, we will be back on track, and can go forward from there.

1 hour ago, Silverlight said:

Lets also not rush into calling fellow supporters " moaners " when they express their views. I for one didn't subscribe to the big time charlies chasing  money point of view or that todays opposition were " tripe " but l will defend fans right to do so.

Interesting reading fans analysis of the game, and their thoughts on what changes week on week ( poor to title prospects etc etc ) but generally, listening to Fordy in interview ( with both BBCRY and The Press ), after the game gives superb insight into the whys, wherefores and what is.

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

A much better performance from the players yesterday, I like the look of Wynne at fullback let's hope we can keep him for a while, it frees Marsh up to play stand off, his best position, don't envy Fordy's job picking a team to play the Rams next week.

Thats an interesting one John. When Marshy was at KR he didn't make it at half-back. After he joined us Fordy turned him into a very good full back. His display this week creates a bit of a conundrum? 

Really pleased with yesterday's performance, finally looked like the attack had clicked. Marcus Stock was unreal, most people would need a few weeks off work with that head injury last week, he comes on wearing a crash helmet and has the game of his life, definite SL quality him. Special mention for Ronan Dixon and Danny Washbrook, both had probably their best attacking performance for us, great to see.

The all amber kit is great, they could play in it every week for me.

One moan: The camera angles on the OurLeague app were absolutely rubbish, made me feel sick at times. Just zoom out and lets see where the players are rather than zooming in on the player with the ball all the time, there were instances where a break was made and I had no idea how. Just cannot wait to be at a game in person now cos I'm sick of shouting at the telly.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

19 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Really pleased with yesterday's performance, finally looked like the attack had clicked. Marcus Stock was unreal, most people would need a few weeks off work with that head injury last week, he comes on wearing a crash helmet and has the game of his life, definite SL quality him. Special mention for Ronan Dixon and Danny Washbrook, both had probably their best attacking performance for us, great to see.

The all amber kit is great, they could play in it every week for me.

One moan: The camera angles on the OurLeague app were absolutely rubbish, made me feel sick at times. Just zoom out and lets see where the players are rather than zooming in on the player with the ball all the time, there were instances where a break was made and I had no idea how. Just cannot wait to be at a game in person now cos I'm sick of shouting at the telly.

OurLeague is what it is, Si. It's great to be able to watch the games. It's a one camera job, sadly. Watched Thunder v Eagles and some of Fax v Toulouse and both weren't easy to watch though the commentary on Thunder made up for it 🙂. Bulls v Rams was a better watch, camera-wise even if the commentary was a bit one-eyed !! 😄😄

Talk of crowds back in some form after next week's games.....

Archived