Welsh Super League team?

6 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

How competitive will the Welsh girls be v England on June 25th anyone know their standard.

5 hours ago, fighting irish said:

No idea, but i can't wait to find out.

Wales women played 2 games in 2019. They lost the first 30-6 against GB Teachers. The scoreline didn`t reflect the result.

They won the second 24-20 against England Community Lions. Both games are up on YouTube.

Have to mention this. - All the Welsh women come from RU, so they can struggle initially with the PTB. i.e. they can be too slow and deliberate. Their opposition are used to the PTB and can therefore play faster. This is now accentuated by English players being allowed to use the illegal rollball. Should the Welsh players copy that, or play the ball legally? The RFL should answer that question.

In the Teachers` game, one of the Welsh players was penalised for literally rolling the ball between her legs. Yet during the rest of the game some English players were allowed to roll the ball and deliberately hop over it, which is no less illegal.

What future is there for international RL fixtures if opposing teams are playing to different rules in a fundamental part of the game?

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah obviously but I presume they are looking at the potential for this in the mens game given the greater commercial returns

But the context was in a discussion about the development of the women's game in Wales.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

And here we go: Women's SL team (for Super League South) under the control of the WRL

New Women’s Super League club to launch in Cardiff – TotalRL.com | Rugby League Express | Rugby League World

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

Are the 6 teams mentioned at the end all confirmed? Or is it just speculation at this stage?

London have confirmed their participation. I assume the others have as well as it'd be odd for a formal press release to just include some 'nice ideas for teams'.

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

London have confirmed their participation. I assume the others have as well as it'd be odd for a formal press release to just include some 'nice ideas for teams'.

I didn't realise it was a formal press release, I thought it was just a TRL article. 

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

I didn't realise it was a formal press release, I thought it was just a TRL article. 

Not sure - but the bit at the end reads like the sort of thing you stick on a press release.

Archived