Eviction

That's it. Finally concluded. I was served with a Section 21 Eviction Notice last year, for no other reason than the Landlord want to 'Sell' the flat. The Pandemic has put that on hold, but it still expires on May 3rd. I have 6 months rent saved up, I have references from my current letting agent, but I am not working, and I don't have a guarantor. I have rang all of my "Friends" & relatives, and none of them will be a guarantor, despite the offer of a £1200 bribe of a safety deposit bankers draft. None of the local Letting agents will go near me, as soon as I mention Universal Credit, and the Section 21 they more or less hang up on me.

I saw a property on Marina, St. Leonards, and the Landlord accepted my offer of £600pcm, but would/could not accept my offer of 6 months rent in advance, without a GUARANTOR!!

So, by my Birthday (16/06), I may well be sleeping in a tent in a park somewhere near you.

I have savings that I have scooped off my pension fund, but as I am going to die of malnutrition, I may as well die of alcohol poisoning. I may as well use the £6000 on alcohol to keep me warm, and buy a nice tent and sleeping bag, & camping stove from Milletts.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear of your troubles Bleep.

If you become homeless will Council Services be any help, surely they are under some kind of obligation to temporarily accommodate someone who has been evicted through no fault of their own?

Those passive/aggressive smart-@arsed answers you repeatedly boasted of in your job interviews - could that be part of the income problem?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

That's it. Finally concluded. I was served with a Section 21 Eviction Notice last year, for no other reason than the Landlord want to 'Sell' the flat. The Pandemic has put that on hold, but it still expires on May 3rd. I have 6 months rent saved up, I have references from my current letting agent, but I am not working, and I don't have a guarantor. I have rang all of my "Friends" & relatives, and none of them will be a guarantor, despite the offer of a £1200 bribe of a safety deposit bankers draft. None of the local Letting agents will go near me, as soon as I mention Universal Credit, and the Section 21 they more or less hang up on me.

I saw a property on Marina, St. Leonards, and the Landlord accepted my offer of £600pcm, but would/could not accept my offer of 6 months rent in advance, without a GUARANTOR!!

So, by my Birthday (16/06), I may well be sleeping in a tent in a park somewhere near you.

I have savings that I have scooped off my pension fund, but as I am going to die of malnutrition, I may as well die of alcohol poisoning. I may as well use the £6000 on alcohol to keep me warm, and buy a nice tent and sleeping bag, & camping stove from Milletts.

Hastings council seem pretty clear that you can't be evicted on just a Section 21 notice.

These are the people you need to speak to: https://www.bht.org.uk/services/legal-advice/hastings-advice-centre/. Their housing advice service is available to anyone in the Hastings borough area and their number is 01424 452618. If they need to see you in person than they're less than ten minutes walk from your front door.

If you've already not got on well with the council/BHT or think they're not helping you then my one piece of advice would be to swallow your pride and act nice and let them do what they can, at least until this is sorted.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

18 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I may as well use the £6000 on alcohol to keep me warm, and buy a nice tent and sleeping bag, & camping stove from Milletts.

theres a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in millets

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Have you spoken to your local Salvation Army citadel, bleep?  They might be worth having a conversation with.  Here is the link:

Hastings Citadel | The Salvation Army

Good luck!

On 25/04/2021 at 06:24, gingerjon said:

Hastings council seem pretty clear that you can't be evicted on just a Section 21 notice.

These are the people you need to speak to: https://www.bht.org.uk/services/legal-advice/hastings-advice-centre/. Their housing advice service is available to anyone in the Hastings borough area and their number is 01424 452618. If they need to see you in person than they're less than ten minutes walk from your front door.

If you've already not got on well with the council/BHT or think they're not helping you then my one piece of advice would be to swallow your pride and act nice and let them do what they can, at least until this is sorted.

Been in touch with BHT, (Brighton Housing Trust) they are just an advice centre, and don't appear to be that involved in actively housing people, especially persons from outside Brighton.

And yes you can be evicted on a Section 21

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

Been in touch with BHT, (Brighton Housing Trust) they are just an advice centre, and don't appear to be that involved in actively housing people, especially persons from outside Brighton.

And yes you can be evicted on a Section 21

Here’s Citizen’s Advice talking about Section 21s

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-privately/during-your-tenancy/if-you-get-a-section-21-notice/

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

A close Rugby Union friend has come up with the goods. I have a Guarantor. I can move, thanks to a guy who is a coach at a Union club, who I took to London Broncos Wembley final, because we both lived in Uxbridge, as Neighbours, and his beautiful wife is Colombian, and their wonderful daughter studied Environmental studies at Aberdeen, and now has a job with the Environmental Agency, down in Weymouth.

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

A close Rugby Union friend has come up with the goods. I have a Guarantor. I can move, thanks to a guy who is a coach at a Union club, who I took to London Broncos Wembley final, because we both lived in Uxbridge, as Neighbours, and his beautiful wife is Colombian, and their wonderful daughter studied Environmental studies at Aberdeen, and now has a job with the Environmental Agency, down in Weymouth.

Nice to know that there are decent people around. My (ex) son-in-law has previous issues and had to pay 12 months rent in advance.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

3 hours ago, tim2 said:

Nice to know that there are decent people around. My (ex) son-in-law has previous issues and had to pay 12 months rent in advance.

I have six months in advance and Landlords across the board were refusing because of "Insurance" issues. Even so, I will now have to get my daughter a taxi across town to mine, & back, every other Sunday, because of the distance involved, C'est la vie. At least it's a roof.

2 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

I have six months in advance and Landlords across the board were refusing because of "Insurance" issues. Even so, I will now have to get my daughter a taxi across town to mine, & back, every other Sunday, because of the distance involved, C'est la vie. At least it's a roof.

For now.

On 01/05/2021 at 08:30, Johnoco said:

Don’t you plan on getting a job and getting more sorted out rather than all this carry on every so often? 

If you know somewhere that will give a 59 year old a job, I will apply for it, however most employers are being manipulated into employing 18-25 year olds.

30 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

If you know somewhere that will give a 59 year old a job, I will apply for it, however most employers are being manipulated into employing 18-25 year olds.

B&Q actively seek to employ people who are aged 50+.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 24/04/2021 at 15:28, Bleep1673 said:

Rent a room? 

https://m.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/?search_id=1036419698&

19 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

I can understand that totally from an older worker's perspective, but as a 23 year Old I can honestly say its been a nightmare job hunting - most places want experience and longevity.

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I can understand that totally from an older worker's perspective, but as a 23 year Old I can honestly say its been a nightmare job hunting - most places want experience and longevity.

The reverse is observed in my sector. LD nursing is an ageing workforce. We love taking on folks your age. Someone's going to have to pick the baton up from us old uns....

Archived