Eviction

13 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

The reverse is observed in my sector. LD nursing is an ageing workforce. We love taking on folks your age. Someone's going to have to pick the baton up from us old uns....

Depends on the sector I suppose!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Younger persons who want to go into nursing move in to the Glamour side of it, A&E, ITU, Paediatrics, they rarely go in to elderly care, LD, Theatres, because they aren't flashed on TV enough, the only time you see theatres is on M*A*S*H, I spent 30 years working in great environments in theatres as an ODP, & made many friends.

19 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Depends on the sector I suppose!

It may also depend on the region. Where I work overlaps with learning disability and our workforce is getting younger. They aren't joining for the pay, that's for sure.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 2 weeks later...

Off context: I was packing photographs and I found a photo of my Mum & Dad at my 1990 wedding, she wouldv'e loved a grand daughter.

I really care for my family on this website, I don't always care for your thoughts, neither do you for mine.

But I love you all the same, take care.

44 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Sorted the paperwork out on a 2nd floor flat @ TN38 0BN

Is the flat facing the sea?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Is the flat facing the sea?

I don't think the view was a deal-breaker for Bleep.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

18 minutes ago, tonyXIII said:

I don't think the view was a deal-breaker for Bleep.

Grew up in Salford, M5 2LN, not that great aview of Sea, moved to Uxbridge, UB8 3UB, still no sign of the sea..........

I Love St. LEONARDS-ON-SEA. Despite its difficulty of being too far away from a Rugby League club.

4 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Why? Do want a visit? See TONY XIII for a better view

Just a bit envious - my flat faces the back of another house, a view which lacks sustained aesthetic interest.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am a reasonable cook, I haven't killed anybody yet, but it took me 2 years to work out my oven & stove top settings because some brick had used a heavy scrubber to remove all the dial settings,  I hope my new flat isn't that bad. It put me off cooking for a while. Except for my daughter of course.

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Just a bit envious - my flat faces the back of another house, a view which lacks sustained aesthetic interest.

I have a sea view, but at the rear is a lot of car mechanics. 

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I have a sea view, but at the rear is a lot of car mechanics. 

If you're a proper RL fan, you'll insist on staring 100% at the car mechanics, while complaining that you don't have a view of something nicer, like the sea.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

When I move in, pictures of the sea, for those who have never seen it will follow. Its bigger than a canal, and might scare some.

Love you all, only kidding. I know there are some East Pennines who are allergic to soap & water, please don't be offended 

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

That's why I moved from Uxbridge.  Sitting on a double roundabout, on a dual carriageway leading to Heathrow, halfway between the local fire station, & the Hospital, the sirens were driving me mental, it was only this site that kept me 75% sane.

17 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

When I move in, pictures of the sea, for those who have never seen it will follow. Its bigger than a canal, and might scare some.

I'll wave when I go wheezing past on the prom

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I have a flat, however after I signed the protocol, I noticed the windows were insulated with old carpet & tea-towels, when it started raining, I could feel the rain & wind coming in between the aincent glass,with cracks secured with sellotape & frames.

I have a flat, however after I signed the protocol, I noticed the windows were insulated with old carpet & tea-towels, when it started raining, I could feel the rain & wind coming in between the aincent glass,with cracks secured with sellotape & frames.

I'm not quite happyyyyyyyyhhy

Archived