TRL Helpdesk....Walking Rugby

I'm currently out injured for the near future due to an ongoing back issue.

However, when I'm anything like, my old union club Wath, have started walking rugby and all my old cohort..   all of international standard you understand.... are all going down to Moor Rd. Its a fat old bloke-a-thon. Old lads pretending they can still play .... having a good laugh whilst taking some exercise and enjoying the craic.

Me being me....as much as I enjoy the prospect would prefer walking rugby league. Does it exist? If so, where? The concept is great and fits in with a few of the adjustments I'm making to my life at the mo.

It has existed,  I talked my old man into doing it a year or 2 ago (pre pandemic) he's in his 70s and literally sits in a dining chair all day.

It was mix of blokes who were trying to keep moving and have a laugh, plus some ex amateurs taking it very seriously,  which kinda leveled out to it being fun, but with a bit or organization.

Hopefully that will start again in the next few months, I think he's missed this more than he's let on.

• Robin Evans changed the title to TRL Helpdesk....Walking Rugby

Archived