Halifax - Game 4.

jroyales

In every game we are getting better and with a couple of old heads returning to the side I can see us beating 'fax.

I would stick with Green at the back and bring Gregory on after 20 mins - he always makes a massive impact when he comes on.

Just a wild thought, play both Langers and Bridge in the centres.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jroyales said:

In every game we are getting better and with a couple of old heads returning to the side I can see us beating 'fax.

I would stick with Green at the back and bring Gregory on after 20 mins - he always makes a massive impact when he comes on.

Just a wild thought, play both Langers and Bridge in the centres.

We do seem to be getting better. Langtree and Bridge on the pitch at the same time would be a problem for most. I agree, put them in the centre's. 

One redeeming point, yesterday, was that we opened them up for our tries, yet 3 maybe 4 of their tries came from our mistakes. Something, I hope, we can work on and remedy. I mean I've never seen a drop out as bad as that one yesterday and that debacle from their kick off!!!!!? As I said yesterday we are gifting the opposition possession, tries and essentially the game. Hopefully we will be better against Halifax. 

i would certainly give langtree a go at centre, but not  bridge.the other centre if fit would be heaton, if he isnt fit i would play dupree  at centre he is big very fast with great ball  handling skills a one man wrecking ball fancy him running wide at their backs. the wings would be ince and brierley,and another thing i would do start with charnock at loose forward and owen at stand off. no disrespect to bent put him down as a sub. if these changes dont work with the subs we have they could soon be changeg

It all depends on which Fax turns up. At times so far this year we have been absolutely awful or almost unplayable, against Toulouse we were both in the same game! So as for predictions, I haven't a clue! 😂 One certainty though is I'll miss the trip to Stalybridge, one of my favourite days out. 🚂🍺❗

Well done lads. The world suddenly seems a lot brighter and the league table looks a lot better too !  

Really good performance with only 1 defensive lapse in the whole game leading to their try just before halftime. One way traffic in the 2nd half, held up over the line 4 times but kept on going till the end. If we can sharpen up our attack out wide a little then we will be dangerous across the park.

first of all both sides out there to day were a credit to the game of rugby league.

it was a fantastic win against a very good halifax side, just plain blood and guts mixed with some great rugby.get some more of the injured back and we could have a very good side oldham are back.

Well done - a great win, on the back of hard graft and perseverance. A great confidence booster for everyone too.

Apart from that, it was a good game all round and the commentary team was the best we have had this season - knowledgeable and unbiased. 😀👏

It was a great team effort, but the stand-outs for me were Reilly, who ran hard for the entire time he was on the field, Gregory, who adds a great spark to the attack every week and isn’t afraid to get stuck in defensively, and Croft and Brierley who combined well through-out.

Great win and what a great game. The credit must go to the defence - it is getting better and better every game. With a little more luck we could have scored a pan full, but credit must be given to 'fax for their defence. 

On 25/04/2021 at 12:31, jroyales said:

How right you were. 

Archived