Halifax - Game 4.

jroyales

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the game taking photos.  It's funny how you can hear everything that the players are shouting to each other.

Anyway, when Oldham were pressing continually in the second half, a Fax player shouted to the ref "Sir, sir, Kirky's nose is offside".

Lol.

What a day for the club to be part of a social media boycott. I bet they're itching to post reaction to an absolute cracker of a game. The difference between this week and last week is we didn't gift them soft stupid tries. Like last week opened them up on attack. I couldn't believe what I was watching today. "NRL, it's just like watching NRL" . 😄

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

What a day for the club to be part of a social media boycott. I bet they're itching to post reaction to an absolute cracker of a game. The difference between this week and last week is we didn't gift them soft stupid tries. Like last week opened them up on attack. I couldn't believe what I was watching today. "NRL, it's just like watching NRL" . 😄

I'm sure it'll be on the website the minute this boycott is over. 

Absolutely fantastic performance across the entire 80 mins and we fully deserved the victory. In the first half our defence was superb aside from one bad phase of play when Fax scored their second try. Second half we were in complete control and whilst we looked a bit stodgy with the ball at times we didn't lose our composure and kept them under constant pressure until they finally cracked.

I thought there was 3 amazing stand outs yesterday. Croft was sensational yesterday setting up the first try and then scoring the match winner. He looked a massive threat every time he got the ball and will be a great signing. Callum Green has shown promise at times so far this season but he was outstanding yesterday. He glides across the pitch and looks like the dynamite full back we desperately needed.  Reilly continued his fantastic form with a monstrous try and his performance in the second half was unreal.

There were plenty of other players who had excellent games with Langtree being his usual excellent self, Kirk having his best game in an Oldham shirt, Gregory being super off the bench and scooting through their tired defence. Spencer is in a wonderful spell of form and played great again.

The most impressive thing to me though was the team performance in defence. We held our line constantly in the first half and actually looked very comfortable across the game.  If we play like that across the season I'll be happy win,lose or draw.

COME ON OLDHAM.

Just now, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Just wanted to say well done with the website. It’s impressive, clear, informative, up to date. Much appreciated. I also like The Oldham Times Roughyeds coverage; much better than The Chron.

Thanks!

Stats-

Green-2 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 10 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 18 carries=134m

Brierley-3 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 13 carries=75m

Croft-13 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 20 carries=145m

Roberts-13 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 13 carries=86m

Holcroft-one tackle. one miss. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=74m

Charnock-30 tackles. 5 misses. one tackle bust. 7 carries=11m

Hewitt-10 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 4 carries=19m

Nelmes-25 tackles. one miss. 11 carries=70m

Owen-17 tackles. 5 misses. 2 tackle busts. 6 carries=45m

Kirk-28 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. 13 carries=74m

Langtree-22 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 3 tackle busts. 15 carries=121m

Bent-49 tackles. one tackle bust. 9 carries=61m

Spencer-20 tackles. 3 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 21 carries=128m

subs

Reilly-34 tackles. one miss. 8 tackle busts. one clean break. 21 carries=134m

Fletcher-21 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 14 carries=50m

Gregory-35 tackles. 4 misses. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=87m

Bibby-22 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 9 carries=37m

Bent is worth his weight in gold. How he put so much into every game is beyond me. Again 49 tackles. In yunion they go mad when somebody does 15 tackles in a game.

My only worry is the amount of tackling Charnock does, again 30 tackles. Gregory must be the find of the season he turns every game when he comes on and besides that he made 35 tackles!

On 02/05/2021 at 12:41, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Just wanted to say well done with the website. It’s impressive, clear, informative, up to date. Much appreciated. I also like The Oldham Times Roughyeds coverage; much better than The Chron.

There's no doubt that the website is spot on, as is the other work that Dave Naylor does with the excellent match day photography etc. As for the coverage in the Oldham Times, Roger Halstead provides his usual excellent reports. However, if you saw the daily print version of the paper, you may be as disappointed as me, to see that, the 'Yeds' don't get the profile they deserve. It must be on 5 days out of 6, that we get a large picture of the Latics Manager, glaring at us off the back page, rather than any positive rugby news. Very sad, I'm afraid. 

Archived