Points Difference Percentage

Whose idea was it to use this as a means of differentiating those in the same points (percentage)? It's an utterly ridiculous system that clearly hasn't been thought through.

For those that aren't sure what I'm on about, it's the practise of dividing the points for by the points against and displaying the answer as a percentage. What if a team has won 20-0 in the first round? It massively favours defence over attack.

100/20 as a percentage is 500%, and +80pts traditionally.

30/2 as a percentage is 1500%, but only +28pts.

How is the latter better than the former?

I understand they need some kind of system to work out difference because if the current situation, but this one is poorly thought out.

It should be points difference (as used normally) divided by the number of games to give a points difference average per game (like that do with match points). 

Please, end this nonsense quickly before more people realise the stupidity of it. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

11 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Whose idea was it to use this as a means of differentiating those in the same points (percentage)? It's an utterly ridiculous system that clearly hasn't been thought through.

For those that aren't sure what I'm on about, it's the practise of dividing the points for by the points against and displaying the answer as a percentage. What if a team has won 20-0 in the first round? It massively favours defence over attack.

100/20 as a percentage is 500%, and +80pts traditionally.

30/2 as a percentage is 1500%, but only +28pts.

How is the latter better than the former?

I understand they need some kind of system to work out difference because if the current situation, but this one is poorly thought out.

It should be points difference (as used normally) divided by the number of games to give a points difference average per game (like that do with match points). 

Please, end this nonsense quickly before more people realise the stupidity of it. 

I do agree with you tbf. It does favour defence over attack and average winning (or losing) margin would be a better way of doing it imo.

Archived