Will Madge be returning to Super League?

That would be a mistake , he’s the best coach they’ll get . The players there need to take a long hard look at themselves , they’re letting their coach and their fans down . Madge isn’t responsible for pathetic tackling , insipid attack , halves failing to do the job , throwing the ball into touch , soft mentality on the pitch etc etc . Today was a disgrace , manly were just running through them .If you keep sacking coaches maybe the problem is elsewhere - below the coach and above him , like whoever is in charge of the roster . There seems real issues there beyond Madge . Throwing him under the bus might make others feel better but it will it change things ?  

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That would be a mistake , he’s the best coach they’ll get . The players there need to take a long hard look at themselves , they’re letting their coach and their fans down . Madge isn’t responsible for pathetic tackling , insipid attack , halves failing to do the job , throwing the ball into touch , soft mentality on the pitch etc etc . If you keep sacking coaches maybe the problem is elsewhere - below the coach and above him , like whoever is in charge of the roster . There seems real issues there beyond Madge . Throwing him under the bus might make others feel better but it will it change things ?  

Any team with James Roberts, Luke Brooks and Joey Leilua in it is asking for trouble. 

4 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Any team with James Roberts, Luke Brooks and Joey Leilua in it is asking for trouble. 

Well indeed , I can’t think guys like Roberts and Leilua are Madge’s type of player . Jimmy the Jet today had a bit of a Western tbh and Elkie Brooks would do a better job at 7

On 25/04/2021 at 18:05, Scubby said:

thats hull kr nacked in 5 years time then

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Wests Tigers are an organisation with a busted culture, been at least a decade. Maguire is the sort of resilient character with the balls to push on through the first wave of ###### and change it. If they don’t back him, God knows what they think the solution is... 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

From what we've heard about his time at Souths Maguire would have a limited shelf life anywhere - he works players to the bone.  At Souths his approach paid off from the go, but even there it waned and they weren't very good at the back end of his time there.  As you say the Tigers culture is awful, and there may just have been too many players happy to cruise along for a coach like Maguire to succeed without a lot of player turnover.

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

I thought this thread was about Madonna when I first saw it. 

I thought the answer to the question in the thread title was, "Only if Dame Edna comes along too!"

Archived