Toulouse now kicking their heels for 3 weeks

50 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Not sure how this helps Widnes tbh but fair play to them.  

Absolutely doesn’t given our current form. But I doubt we could decline Toulouse’s offer/instruction to travel to England to get the game played. 

Another £5 into the coffers from me 😂😂

Any talk about other postponed games?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just seems a neat and tidy solution which helps to avoid contributing to what could become a difficult backlog later in the season.

Fair play to Swinton for agreeing to it.  I see that TOXIII have recorded their thanks to the Lions on their website.

On 25/04/2021 at 19:23, Scubby said:

I spent my whole youth going there every week. I am fond of the club. Featherstone have a nice ground but they are papering over the cracks at the moment. What any Championship club needs right now is time to plan to be a SL club. Leigh are showing this and Covid has amplified this requirement. The game is on its knees, SL have set a precedent for promotion. They need to do it again but give clubs more time.

Championship clubs are absolutely skint - the cupboard is bare and a lot of it is not their fault. The last thing they need to be doing is spending cash they haven't got pushing for promotion that won't work as they are almost bust now.

The fact Toulouse can't play these guys at home is because no one will pay to upgrade their status to elite sports club for Covid permissions.

You are bang on here, I cant see how any Fev fan can defend their spineless team from refusing to travel when they claim to be SL ready. Would they have refused to travel to Catalan if they were choose over Leigh?

So they are a PT SL ready club 😂

1 minute ago, yipyee said:

You are bang on here, I cant see how any Fev fan can defend their spineless team from refusing to travel when they claim to be SL ready. Would they have refused to travel to Catalan if they were choose over Leigh?

So they are a PT SL ready club 😂

But they would have gone full time so would have been ok to travel

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

23 hours ago, DEANO said:

But they would have gone full time so would have been ok to travel

No they wouldnt, the FT players are already FT.

They may have signed a few academy kids but thats it.

No excuse whatsoever.

Oven ready SL club my A*se

17 minutes ago, yipyee said:

No they wouldnt, the FT players are already FT.

They may have signed a few academy kids but thats it.

No excuse whatsoever.

Oven ready SL club my A*se

Eh

20 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Eh

Fev claim to be SL ready but then claim they are semi pro and therefore cannot travel to France, they therefore are not SL ready, wasnt last year, and wont be this year.

Also imagine the stink if Fev gain promotion after refusing to play their main rival

TO website indicates that they are hoping, if all goes well, that Swinton will be the first team to play at Ernest Wallon this year on 22nd May. UK and EU looking presently at opening up flights. Fingers crossed.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

Fev claim to be SL ready but then claim they are semi pro and therefore cannot travel to France, they therefore are not SL ready, wasnt last year, and wont be this year.

Also imagine the stink if Fev gain promotion after refusing to play their main rival

REALLY you don't have a clue  do you for your information FEV were making plans to travel to toulouse before the RFL postponed the game this week  and widnes next week due to government rules  regarding travel  back in March

Government  have  said travel could  be allowed again MAY 14th so  no more games were  postponed at that time

This means their  their next home match against SWINTON  and all the remaining   home fixtures  could possibly be played 

Now  if  another team say batley were due to play on the 2nd a and  FEV on the 22nd then batley would not play this week  but FEV could  play their game away in toulouse

TO claim FEV are refusing to play their main rival is a bit silly 

1 hour ago, POR said:

REALLY you don't have a clue  do you for your information FEV were making plans to travel to toulouse before the RFL postponed the game this week  and widnes next week due to government rules  regarding travel  back in March

Government  have  said travel could  be allowed again MAY 14th so  no more games were  postponed at that time

This means their  their next home match against SWINTON  and all the remaining   home fixtures  could possibly be played 

Now  if  another team say batley were due to play on the 2nd a and  FEV on the 22nd then batley would not play this week  but FEV could  play their game away in toulouse

TO claim FEV are refusing to play their main rival is a bit silly 

Warrington went to Catalans last week, Fev are all talk but are running scared

20 hours ago, yipyee said:

There’s little point been full time a part time league however it seems to me that everything is in place as in backers should they gain promotion. Eh have fev refused to play

On 28/04/2021 at 22:38, yipyee said:

Featherstone haven't refused to go, the directive is from the RL for Part time Clubs. I am sure when allowed the y will go there and play, as they have always done in the past. Including Challenge Cup ties at Catalans.

On 29/04/2021 at 19:07, DEANO said:

There’s little point been full time a part time league however it seems to me that everything is in place as in backers should they gain promotion. Eh have fev refused to play

Everything is not in place if they need to sign 24 FT players, so they are not SL ready

Catalans helping hand to TO. Winger Jordan Flovie and prop Hugo Salabio from the Dragons reserve set-up could feature Saturday at Swinton for the game with Widnes.

Looks likely to include at least Whitehaven also weekend after. Really like these moves - both clubs to gain from it. Flovie (left) 23 yrs old and Salabio 20 yrs old - great opportunity for both of them.

safe_image.jpg.eb824fa21dc8190dc7c2706cb1f31aec.jpg

45 minutes ago, audois said:

Looks likely to include at least Whitehaven also weekend after. Really like these moves - both clubs to gain from it. Flovie (left) 23 yrs old and Salabio 20 yrs old - great opportunity for both of them.

safe_image.jpg.eb824fa21dc8190dc7c2706cb1f31aec.jpg

Yep me too, who knows they could even stay for the rest of the season. Two good players and i think Salabio especially has bags of ability. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Championship level 

Archived