Don’t know how but get this guy involved

3 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

So how are you suggesting that's done?

Seriously, walk me through it.

He’s stated in the past that he’s travelled to away games with the rhinos so why not do a livestream from either headingley or some other super league ground checking out various local takeaways before the match??

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

He’s stated in the past that he’s travelled to away games with the rhinos so why not do a livestream from either headingley or some other super league ground checking out various local takeaways before the match??

Perhaps he could take in the post-match Papa John's?

I'm not knocking anything I'm just wondering if it, by itself, is likely to be a particularly big deal.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Perhaps he could take in the post-match Papa John's?

I'm not knocking anything I'm just wondering if it, by itself, is likely to be a particularly big deal.

Like I said, where’s the harm in trying.

This guy is seriously going places and it won’t be long until he starts hitting some huge numbers in terms of subscribers and views to his videos and livestreams.

The thought off this man, a professional Yorkshireman type! who is some sort of attempt at a Peter Kay impersonation, being a spokesman and pin up boy for our sport. Well this would make me cringe like nothing else in the world, surely as a game we have higher expectations than this . He looked more like he should be a spokesman for the British heart foundation, with the line, don’t be like this if you want to reach 50 years old.

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

This guy is seriously going places and it won’t be long until he starts hitting some huge numbers in terms of subscribers and views to his videos and livestreams.

Yeah he’s going to A&E or a defib fitted to the old phone box.

wow we had fans like Bradley Wiggins and Hollywood A list Russel Crowe a few years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Live after death said:

Yeah he’s going to A&E or a defib fitted to the old phone box.

wow we had fans like Bradley Wiggins and Hollywood A list Russel Crowe a few years ago. 

The times are A-changin.

Like it or not today’s stars are also everyday people found on social media.

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

So this guys subs have gone through the roof and don’t look like slowing down anytime soon. He’s originally from Barnsley and is a pardon the pun a big Leeds rhinos fan.

Lets get him reviewing fast food joints inside and around various super league grounds or something for some mutual social media attention 👍👍

And facilitate the stereotype that RL fans are thick, overweight, northerners while we're at it 😄

8 minutes ago, meast said:

And facilitate the stereotype that RL fans are thick, overweight, northerners while we're at it 😄

Again who cares? 

let people think what they like marra. Why honestly worry about what other people think or are you a very insecure person ?

2 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Again who cares? 

let people think what they like marra. Why honestly worry about what other people think or are you a very insecure person ?

So, what's the clamour to get him involved in trying to boost the sport's profile?

What benefit would it have?

He's a fat bloke eating lots of food and talking about it in a thick, northern accent, how does that benefit rugby league exactly?

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

You're going to have help me out here - what is a no brainer?

He's already a Rhinos fan and I'm willing to bet that nudging 100% of his audience are similar to him in demographic so will already be aware of Leeds Rhinos, rugby league etc.

Are we imagining that through him untold thousands are going to start coming to the game or are we just looking at one or two overlapping videos?

No I meant he'll be up for it. And if 150k are all aware of RL I'll buy you a walnut whip.😂

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

5 minutes ago, meast said:

So, what's the clamour to get him involved in trying to boost the sport's profile?

What benefit would it have?

He's a fat bloke eating lots of food and talking about it in a thick, northern accent, how does that benefit rugby league exactly?

Oh, I didn’t know that RL was awash with RL loving youtube/social media stars allowing us to just ignore them 😉

As for him being a “fat bloke” with a “thick northern accent “ is part of his charm according to the overwhelming majority of his comments.

42 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Surely you are on a wind up here?

If so, you’ve hooked a lot of folk!

if not, I think you need some sort of assessment or intervention!

7 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Oh, I didn’t know that RL was awash with RL loving youtube/social media stars allowing us to just ignore them 😉

As for him being a “fat bloke” with a “thick northern accent “ is part of his charm according to the overwhelming majority of his comments.

You haven't answered the questions, how and why will getting this bloke involved help rugby league?

49 minutes ago, Live after death said:

The thought off this man, a professional Yorkshireman type! who is some sort of attempt at a Peter Kay impersonation, being a spokesman and pin up boy for our sport. Well this would make me cringe like nothing else in the world, surely as a game we have higher expectations than this . He looked more like he should be a spokesman for the British heart foundation, with the line, don’t be like this if you want to reach 50 years old.

Who said anything about him being a “spokesman” or “ pinup boy” for RL??

all I’m saying is get him involved somehow on social media . Nobody’s saying he should become the chairman of the RFL or CEO of super league 😂

3 minutes ago, meast said:

You haven't answered the questions, how and why will getting this bloke involved help rugby league?

You don’t think doing livestreams from around say wigan or Warrington on gameday sampling local takeaways before his soon to be hundreds of thousands of followers would be a bad thing?

19 minutes ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Who said anything about him being a “spokesman” or “ pinup boy” for RL??

all I’m saying is get him involved somehow on social media . Nobody’s saying he should become the chairman of the RFL or CEO of super league 😂

Why not also get those “the 3 flat cappers” or whatever they are called to make their version of Billy Joels (uptown) Upton Girl the official theme tune of the RFL and Alan  Bennet to do all post match analysis, and make cheesy peas the official food. 

If this guy tickles your fancy good for you, but keep him well away from promoting our game in any capacity. As I say with have far better, bigger celebrity fans we should be courting. 

I know it’s just a bit of YouTube fun, but it only takes a quick scroll down the thread list to find a bunch of posts where people are asking why we are a niche regional sport that seems by and large to mainly attract fat white Northern men.   And then we cry out in anger that we get a paltry tv deal and the National broadcaster doesn’t acknowledge us.

If 15 minutes of being laughed at is what we want that’s what we deserve. The game is slowly regressing, the on-field product quality is diminishing and we think the answer is to get a guy who eats takeaways to save us?

* Apologies in advance if this doesn’t fit with the fantasy greatest game narrative. Just saying it how I see it.

5 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Numbers of subscribers can go down as well as up. There has to be a natural limit on how many times you can watch someone eat a takeaway.

We`ll know this bloke is about to peak when he`s offered a wafer-thin mint.

Archived