Don’t know how but get this guy involved

7 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

You don’t think doing livestreams from around say wigan or Warrington on gameday sampling local takeaways before his soon to be hundreds of thousands of followers would be a bad thing?

No, but I'd like you to explain why you think it would benefit the game.

All you've said is how many followers he has and to get him involved, but how and why?

Or have you no idea and just have s mancrush on him?

😜

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the bloke, his enthusiasm, his optimistic nature and self depreciation is a winning formula, he may be a fat lad be he's a good lad. Some of the food is a bit much for me, but the boost his reviews bring to the small businesses - in what has been a very difficult  time for them - is also a good thing. Hopefully he does a review in the bustling town of Pudsey next.

1 hour ago, Newguy said:

I love the bloke, his enthusiasm, his optimistic nature and self depreciation is a winning formula, he may be a fat lad be he's a good lad. Some of the food is a bit much for me, but the boost his reviews bring to the small businesses - in what has been a very difficult  time for them - is also a good thing. Hopefully he does a review in the bustling town of Pudsey next.

Send him an invite. He`d enjoy reviewing the all-you-can-eat hangi.

I'm not sure what's more intriguing in this thread - the belief that this is a useful means to generate interest in our sport (and I don't deny that lots of small level influencers can eventually have a decent-sized impact but...) or the Rugby League cultural cringe going on.

What I would say, in fact, is that having Rugby League just in the background more often is a good thing. Simply being there, possibly uncommented on, whilst normal(ish) people do other things is probably more useful than demanding they shoot a hostage-style video and about talk loudly about the sport like some street-corner evangelist.

2 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

This thread is probably more suited to RLFans.

Dare I say this may attract some stupid Yorkshire sheep shaggers but that is it 

3 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

This thread is probably more suited to RLFans.

I just took a quick look over there.   Nothing on the main boards these days but the Warrington / Wigan ones are  still active.

Seems they are having a relatively sensible discussion on how to save the game.   And it doesn't involve takeaways and negative (with respect) stereotypes.   To be fair to the big guy he reviews food exactly as it should be done.

6 hours ago, Newguy said:

He’s already done one from pudsey mate.

16 hours ago, meast said:

No, but I'd like you to explain why you think it would benefit the game.

All you've said is how many followers he has and to get him involved, but how and why?

Or have you no idea and just have s mancrush on him?

😜

Obviously it would expose RL to hundreds of thousands of people who are mostly unaware of the game.

even if just 1% of his audience dig further into finding out about RL it would be a good thing. No?

Maybe I'm showing my age but I feel really uncomfortable watching an already morbidly obese guy stuff himself with an entire loaf filled with an English breakfast and a side of pancakes.  And in fact half of it ends up untouched anyway.  And he doesn't really do any jokes, other than the over-eating.

He may be a lovely guy but - Leeds Rhinos gilet or not - I'm just not seeing an angle for the sport here.

That video has had over 340,000 views. Whether someone who is clearly risking his health through what he eats is the right person to promote our sport I’m not sure, what this does point too though is the importance of channels like YouTube and “influencers” these days in promoting things. Something to be considered - if the sport actually had a marketing strategy which it doesn’t. 

3 hours ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Obviously it would expose RL to hundreds of thousands of people who are mostly unaware of the game.

even if just 1% of his audience dig further into finding out about RL it would be a good thing. No?

You've already stated this numerous times and I have already disagreed with you, most people who watch stuff like this won't give a flying F about RL or even bother to try and find out what the clothing he's wearing is about.

You still haven't offered a definitive answer on how and why getting some fat bloke to talk about eating junk food is good for the sport of Rugby League.

I don't think you can to be fair, but all the best with your mancrush 🙂

1 hour ago, Cumbrian Mackem said:

Whoever is in charge of magic weekend I’d be given him, the camera guy and their families free tickets In exchange for him doing livestreams at the event checking out the local Newcastle takeaways.

Rugby AM eats Newcastle?

Good lord, no, please no.

I would rather we get someone to show footage of superbly honed athletes trying to promote a sport played by exceedingly, fit, athletic men at the top level, and encourage people to want to aspire to be like them and to be able to score tries like Tom Johnstone, Tommy Makinson etc than to promote a culture of obesity, ladness, and lardiness.

26 minutes ago, meast said:

Rugby AM eats Newcastle?

I would rather we get someone to show footage of superbly honed athletes trying to promote a sport played by exceedingly, fit, athletic men at the top level, and encourage people to want to aspire to be like them and to be able to score tries like Tom Johnstone, Tommy Makinson etc than to promote a culture of obesity, ladness, and lardiness.

That’s the job of sky sports marra. I’m talking about a little social media attention on his own channel doing his own thing.

33 minutes ago, meast said:

You've already stated this numerous times and I have already disagreed with you, most people who watch stuff like this won't give a flying F about RL or even bother to try and find out what the clothing he's wearing is about.

You still haven't offered a definitive answer on how and why getting some fat bloke to talk about eating junk food is good for the sport of Rugby League.

I don't think you can to be fair, but all the best with your mancrush 🙂

And I totally disagree with you. You’d be surprised how many people regularly ask him if he’s into football or other sports and what team he supports etc.

And yes I do have a mancrush on the big fella 😉

1 hour ago, meast said:

Rugby AM eats Newcastle?

Nope, nope, nope.

Someone somewhere will be offended by unattainable body image.

If we want the YouTube audience on board then the head coaches should take part in ear wax removal videos...

Or get Ronnie the Rhino in Minecraft.

We might as well advertise on "lad bible" or whatever other such trashy social media sites there is out there and get a fan wearing club colours of each rugby league club to sink some chemically enhanced "beer" until they can no longer stand up.

That would surely rake in thousands of new fans, sponsors and players?

That's more or less the jist of this thread isn't it?

1 hour ago, meast said:

We might as well advertise on "lad bible" or whatever other such trashy social media sites there is out there and get a fan wearing club colours of each rugby league club to sink some chemically enhanced "beer" until they can no longer stand up.

That would surely rake in thousands of new fans, sponsors and players?

That's more or less the jist of this thread isn't it?

That’s more like it. I knew you’d eventually come round to my way of thinking.

Archived