Todays game against North Wales

Big Doug

A good run out for the lads. The penalty count against us was way to high. We must have given away 10 in the first 10 minutes. I thought that the defence side of our game was good but on attack we forced the ball to many times and had the ball striped unfairly on a number of occasions. Looking forward to the new season and just hope that to many away games in early season do not make life difficult. Onward Hornets Onward.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

A competitive game and as Doug said a good run out. For a first match a very reasonable performance although still work to do but it looks as though we have a sound base on which to build. We need to cut out the penalties. 

Why was a penalty try not awarded when Johnson was sent off as there was no doubt that the Hornet's player was in the act of scoring? Is this another rule change?

Just watched the North Wales match again today and was puzzled by something. On three occasions we were awarded a penalty or a turn over. Each time Fuifui Moimoi played the ball to the acting half back. I would have thought that he should have been the first receiver rather the one playing the ball and taking us forward.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

Archived