Streaming

Kevin Nicholas

Just to confirm that the idea of streaming all games was so that fans could watch when we are playing behind closed doors.

It costs us to stream a game with commentator but i think the production is excellent. The home team covers the costs and gets 90% of revenue with 10% to away team.

When crowds can attend not all games will be streamed. However before Covid we had started to stream a selected game on OuRLeague each week and the plan was to continue that each Sunday evening to make that slot our own. I believe that will continue but BatleyBulldogs will not stream every game when crowds are allowed back.

3 hours ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Just to confirm that the idea of streaming all games was so that fans could watch when we are playing behind closed doors.

It costs us to stream a game with commentator but i think the production is excellent. The home team covers the costs and gets 90% of revenue with 10% to away team.

When crowds can attend not all games will be streamed. However before Covid we had started to stream a selected game on OuRLeague each week and the plan was to continue that each Sunday evening to make that slot our own. I believe that will continue but BatleyBulldogs will not stream every game when crowds are allowed back.

So if the rumours are true about no away fans what will happen?

Obviously we can watch our home games from May officially but nothing has been decided yet for away fans to watch their team when for me it's needed the most I'd be gutted if we needed something the final game of the season to qualify for the play offs and we couldn't get behind Craig and the lads  

56 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Obviously we can watch our home games from May officially but nothing has been decided yet for away fans to watch their team when for me it's needed the most I'd be gutted if we needed something the final game of the season to qualify for the play offs and we couldn't get behind Craig and the lads  

Where are the rumours from? Do they apply to our division? What is our capacity and what % will be allowed in?

1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

Don't think away fans will be banned. And if Boris keeps to his word then isn't everything supposed to be back to normal on June 21. Pending infection rate.

If it was 25% capacity for our stadium we would be fine for most games. If it was 50% we would be fine for every game . People will have to spread out around the stadium so might not always be able to view from where you want.

i understood from 21/6 restrictions are to be lifted all being well although who knows?

The grey area is 17/5 to 21/6 where there has been a suggestion that away fans may not be allowed but not sure how that will be policed or indeed how we can sort it in first place. We are no wiser than anyone else at the moment.

What we are wise about is that winning pay costs money and no crowds means no income to pay it!!!!

15 hours ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Don't think away fans will be banned. And if Boris keeps to his word then isn't everything supposed to be back to normal on June 21. Pending infection rate.

What could possibly go wrong?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 minutes ago, distantdog said:

What's to stop any team's supporters registering on our ticket site? It can't be policed. It can't be limited to a Batley postcode as many of us don't live in Batley, and there are even some Batley supporters that live in Dewsbury, poor sods!

You refer to the populance of Dewsbury in your last comment I presume, and I agree with you.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

What's to stop any team's supporters registering on our ticket site? It can't be policed. It can't be limited to a Batley postcode as many of us don't live in Batley, and there are even some Batley supporters that live in Dewsbury, poor sods!

I think about 700 Batley fans live in Fev but by the time August 8 comes around we could all be ' normal' again😮😮😮

I was reading RL Express today and an article about Bradford. It seemed to point out that they will play their home game against Newcastle on MONDAY 17th May, and were hoping to be back at Odsal with fans in.  Any plans for us to play our London home game the same night?

17 minutes ago, LuckyDog said:

I was reading RL Express today and an article about Bradford. It seemed to point out that they will play their home game against Newcastle on MONDAY 17th May, and were hoping to be back at Odsal with fans in.  Any plans for us to play our London home game the same night?

Both teams have to agree to moving game , we asked London but they didn't want to play Monday night

IMG_0583.JPG

23 hours ago, distantdog said:

And some even further away....

Sigh, I guess that answers my question from another thread then.... best enjoy it as best I can then, was too good to be true

22 hours ago, LuckyDog said:

They will have to move on all the gypsy caravans first. Saw them when I passed last wk.

Archived