Lee Radford confirmed as New Cas coach starting 2022

Two year deal.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

Its interesting Cas going for an English coach again. Its not that often that Super League clubs go 10+ years with no Australian coach.

Even with some of the quality players they have, Cas must be a hard sell to any Aus/NZ coaches to come here with the facilities they have. Same applies to Wakey unfortunately. 

Overall, I guess Radford was the obvious choice but I do fear they'll go backwards as a club over the next few years. 

I suppose the question is what do Castleford want from Lee Radford as coach? He has had success but he has coached some of the heaviest defeats in Hull's history.

Hopefully he has a good team around him because he can get the job done in big games. He got rid of the Old Faithful Wembley song finally.

45 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I suppose the question is what do Castleford want from Lee Radford as coach? He has had success but he has coached some of the heaviest defeats in Hull's history.

Hopefully he has a good team around him because he can get the job done in big games. He got rid of the Old Faithful Wembley song finally.

i recon cas would take some humpings to land some silverware (that isnt the hubcap)

Although I'm surprised at the choice I'm glad he's back and being given another opportunity. His treatment at Hull was the sort of thing the Tory Party uses with out of date prime ministers.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Although I'm surprised at the choice I'm glad he's back and being given another opportunity. His treatment at Hull was the sort of thing the Tory Party uses with out of date prime ministers.

Getting 2 years longer that he should have despite the worst losing run and the heaviest defeats in the clubs history. That sort of treatment?

I wouldn't like to call how this appointment will go. Radford clearly has some coaching ability, but he had gone stale at Hull and ended up staying longer than he should have. It wasn't good for either the club or him. It will be interesting to see what he can achieve with Cas.

Will he improve the player's and structure's on what Powell did? His record of big losses whilst at Hull doesn't indicate so, you wonder what Trueman & Richardson are thinking. He's also inheriting a ageing pack with no indication of new faces coming through. Interesting times ahead.

52 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

Will he improve the player's and structure's on what Powell did? His record of big losses whilst at Hull doesn't indicate so, you wonder what Trueman & Richardson are thinking. He's also inheriting a ageing pack with no indication of new faces coming through. Interesting times ahead.

Trueman will follow Powell to Wire

4 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Even with some of the quality players they have, Cas must be a hard sell to any Aus/NZ coaches to come here with the facilities they have. Same applies to Wakey unfortunately. 

Overall, I guess Radford was the obvious choice but I do fear they'll go backwards as a club over the next few years. 

Was he the obvious choice?

As an outsider, it looks like a strange appointment. Given Radford's style of footy, I can't see it going down well with Cas fans..........or perhaps he will adapt?

Cas have an ageing squad, albeit supplemented with the recent additions of Richardson and Evalds. It could be due quite some upheavel............I do fear for them though, and I question whether Radford is a good fit.

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Interesting that the Cas report indicated coaches from both codes applied.  

Isn't Radford coaching yawnion in Dallas at the moment?  Maybe he was the applicant from the dark side.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

The latter part of your first point is the reason I wanted rid of him for the last two years or so of his tenure.

Your second point is interesting...which Old Faithful Wembley song might that be?

Can't say I remember it...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Archived