Lee Radford confirmed as New Cas coach starting 2022

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

If you are in charge of Cas you have really three jobs. Not get relgated, focus on Challenge Cup and beat Wakey. 

Where as Chester has three targets. Not get relegated,  get past round one of cup and beat somebody

51 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Strong rumour he wants Andy Last to join him. Bet Andy cant wait to get out of Wakey and who can blame him working under a stiff like chester

If he thinks Chester is so weak, which I doubt, surely he would just bide his time and wait for the top job at Belle Vue to be given to him?

16 minutes ago, M j M said:

If he thinks Chester is so weak, which I doubt, surely he would just bide his time and wait for the top job at Belle Vue to be given to him?

He probably is fully aware of the old pals act that exists there.

3 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If you are in charge of Cas you have really three jobs. Not get relgated, focus on Challenge Cup and beat Wakey. 

Castleford are the great overachievers based on population and catchment vs crowds and income.  But they'd take second from bottom for a trip to Wembley.

I think you are about 7 years late for this...

For me, as a Cas fan, I kind of expect us to be competing for honours now, rather than just hoping against relegation.

5 hours ago, MZH said:

That sort of treatment?

No but what would be the point in rehashing something you're clearly not interested in.

I also think the players were more guilty than most sides in similar situations given the talent they were able to field.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Think this thread has hit the nail on the head really. Radford's achievement on back to back cup successes was big and didn't get the credit he deserved. The reason for that is probably because of the heavy defeats - some performances for Hull in the Radford era were as bad as I have seen for a Super League side (relative to quality of a squad(.

Castleford must be thinking that Radford might be the man who can bring them trophies as he did to Hull. But, under Powell, Cas never had the type of performances that Radford brought to Hull FC at times, and that is the riskier side of the appointment, whether he brings that inconsistency with him.

3 hours ago, Chris22 said:

Think this thread has hit the nail on the head really. Radford's achievement on back to back cup successes was big and didn't get the credit he deserved. The reason for that is probably because of the heavy defeats - some performances for Hull in the Radford era were as bad as I have seen for a Super League side (relative to quality of a squad(.

Castleford must be thinking that Radford might be the man who can bring them trophies as he did to Hull. But, under Powell, Cas never had the type of performances that Radford brought to Hull FC at times, and that is the riskier side of the appointment, whether he brings that inconsistency with him.

The question has to be, why did he have this inconsistency? Was it something to do with his actual coaching, or was player power an issue? For such a big club, Hull has underachieved over the years, so it’s not all down to Radford. Maybe Cas is more his size of club, hopefully fewer player egos and fans not demanding a GF every season. 

Have to confess that this made me smile :

May be an image of ‎1 person, playing American football, outdoors and ‎text that says "‎رنخم ISC 13ម LIAM WATTS SIGNS 10 YEAR DEAL WITH HULL FC FROM 2022‎"‎‎

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

There’s a bit of a myth that Cas play really exciting rugby. Apart from 2017 and a few games a season it’s been very average. Defence in particular never seems strong. So I really couldn’t care less if Radford comes in with 5 drives and a kick or if Cas get some hammerings if it results in Cas actually doing something in the big games and getting some silverware. Cas were poor in the 2014 challenge cup final, poor in the final 2014 regular season game when if they’d beaten Catalans they’d have finished league leaders and very very poor in the 2017 grand final. In short, choked in too many big games. It’s been 36 years since Cas won a major trophy, Radford has won 2 in the last 5 years.

Also not sure where the battling to avoid relegation idea has come from? Since 2014 they’ve finished: 4th, 5th, 6th, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have preferred Craig Bellamy as coach but overall it’s a good appointment. Reading social media it seems most Cas fans wanted Danny Ward (good coach but ultimately failed to keep London in SL) or James Ford (good coach but doesn’t have a single minute of SL coaching experience).

54 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

There’s a bit of a myth that Cas play really exciting rugby. Apart from 2017 and a few games a season it’s been very average. Defence in particular never seems strong. So I really couldn’t care less if Radford comes in with 5 drives and a kick or if Cas get some hammerings if it results in Cas actually doing something in the big games and getting some silverware. Cas were poor in the 2014 challenge cup final, poor in the final 2014 regular season game when if they’d beaten Catalans they’d have finished league leaders and very very poor in the 2017 grand final. In short, choked in too many big games. It’s been 36 years since Cas won a major trophy, Radford has won 2 in the last 5 years.

Also not sure where the battling to avoid relegation idea has come from? Since 2014 they’ve finished: 4th, 5th, 6th, 1st, 3rd, 5th, 8th.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d have preferred Craig Bellamy as coach but overall it’s a good appointment. Reading social media it seems most Cas fans wanted Danny Ward (good coach but ultimately failed to keep London in SL) or James Ford (good coach but doesn’t have a single minute of SL coaching experience).

Did either of them 2 get interviewed???

On 27/04/2021 at 19:08, M j M said:

chief car park steward?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

On 27/04/2021 at 16:53, ShropshireBull said:

Castleford are the great overachievers based on population and catchment vs crowds and income.  But they'd take second from bottom for a trip to Wembley.

As a Cas fan I can tell you that this is the most incorrect post I've ever seen on this forum

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

As a Cas fan I can tell you that this is the most incorrect post I've ever seen on this forum

go and have a look at the first few posts on the David Argyle on Twitter thread (especially the ones by the OP)... you have a point but you are incorrect :kolobok_ph34r:

Archived