David argyle twitter

1 hour ago, The storm said:

It's both 

Rugby League fans are the reason Rugby League is in the state it is, not @TheRFL , not the clubs, not @SuperLeague just the backwards moaning whinging negative done nothing with their miserable lives fans. #anchors

A bit of a broad statement is that. How can you say something like that, you don't know every Rugby League fan. And we are that bad then why are you on here? Why don't you join a happier forum. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

He (if in fact that's the real David Argyle) is correct in that though.  As former St Helens CEO Sean McGuire stated in his interviews with Tony Collins on the Rugby Reloaded podcast, with the possible exception of Leeds all the traditional clubs are in "smallish, economically disadvantaged towns" in the North and that's the reason why there's so little money in the game.  McGuire said that on that account the traditional RL clubs face issues which their counterparts in other sports can't even imagine.

Yeah yeah we've heard the former St Helens CEO quotes millions of times, it's a bit ruff Round these parts and can be a little grim but actually we should be using that as a strength not a weakness, it's proper street or hood sport 👍, none of this fake ###### stuff.....

8 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

A bit of a broad statement is that. How can you say something like that, you don't know every Rugby League fan. And we are that bad then why are you on here? Why don't you join a happier forum. 

thats him/her/they quoting the twitter account which isnt actually argyle its just a prat thinking its funny.. though maybe its Storm that is running the twitter account and he/she/they is just trying to get it some publicity as it hasnt quite garnered the reaction he/she/they wanted it to back in December..... damn it we are all just helping him/her/them!

28 minutes ago, RP London said:

its amazingly bloody obvious, thats why... 

to even consider that it might be says a lot!

This is the same bloke that made racist comments and did nt pay 30 players on numerous suppliers 

Why question me 

2 minutes ago, The storm said:

This is the same bloke that made racist comments and did nt pay 30 players on numerous suppliers 

Why question me 

Which is nothing to do with your thread which is based upon a made up twitter account.

9 minutes ago, The storm said:

Why question me 

I am aware of what the real David Argyle has been accused of and done.. This though is not him and it is patently obvious when you look at the twitter account... to think otherwise is quite frankly amazing really... it would be like thinking @deludedbrendan on twitter was actually Brendan Rogers or @queen_uk was actually the Queen.. (both of which are worth a follow BTW). 

Stop piling in on someone using words he has not said on a twitter account he does not own... there is enough to rightly pile in on him with without, frankly, making stuff up!!

Don't be an idiot, check your sources.. 

Edit: to answer the "why question me" question... because someone has to point these things out to you, to just believe everything you read on twitter is extremely (and i cannot highlight that enough) dangerous... maybe you should just think "questions everything" before believing it.. my 12 and 10 year old have been taught that at school.. 

31 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

Yeah yeah we've heard the former St Helens CEO quotes millions of times, it's a bit ruff Round these parts and can be a little grim but actually we should be using that as a strength not a weakness, it's proper street or hood sport 👍, none of this fake ###### stuff.....

I switch off whenever he's on that podcast, which I otherwise listen to in its entirety.

It's just a tedious repetition of the same stuff:

I don't like what Rugby League is, it should think about being more like [something else].

I can't offer any practical advice on how to achieve this though, nor did I do anything during my involvement in the game to change it.

Presumably the biggest limiting factor on changing St Helens was because McManus wouldn't agree to fund moving Knowsley Road to Buckinghamshire.

People like him hate on the game because of its defining characteristics, its local identity and the nature of the communities it serves. Short of somehow changing the demographics of the towns that have Rugby League clubs it ends up being the same boring litany of finger-pointing at others and complaining that a regional, northern sport is still a regional, northern sport.

22 minutes ago, The storm said:

Why question me 

Are you aware how you are making yourself look here owd cock?

Some advice.... its free and its up to you if you take it..... back out now while you have some semblance of kudos left.... if that not too late already.

For the love of Steve Nash....close this thread

1 hour ago, latchford albion said:

Given this is fake news and the only thing that will come of the thread is the same old same old, isn't it about time it was locked?

What don't you like 

2 hours ago, RP London said:

thats him/her/they quoting the twitter account which isnt actually argyle its just a prat thinking its funny.. though maybe its Storm that is running the twitter account and he/she/they is just trying to get it some publicity as it hasnt quite garnered the reaction he/she/they wanted it to back in December..... damn it we are all just helping him/her/them!

Don't do Twitter. 

Despite what ones say about Argyle, he did a great job and invested a h-ll of a lot of money in getting the WP of the ground. WPs demise can be put down to inward looking SL.

4 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Sadly SPOT ON although I would actually count Hull as OK (I know it has its problems) however I have always liked the place.

Warrington its a major hub for many businesses as well.

Wakefield does OK for business.

Paul

Warrington is just a big warehouse. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Eddie said:

Where to? 

You really don't know?

- a bigger geographical section of the country.

- more affluent parts of the country. 

- more recognisable cities. (Places people have heard of).

- other countries, apart from England and France. (At professional level). 

Quite obvious I would have thought. 

5 hours ago, The Frying Scotsman said:

You really don't know?

- a bigger geographical section of the country.

- more affluent parts of the country. 

- more recognisable cities. (Places people have heard of).

- other countries, apart from England and France. (At professional level). 

Quite obvious I would have thought. 

Well yes really obvious. You go on and set all that up then, if you have a spare £500m. 

5 hours ago, Wholly Trinity said:

Well I'm glad this thread hasn't been locked, I've learnt a lot.

Jonathan Ross got shot 😲 and there's a big whorehouse in Warrington. 

Are these facts in any way related?

I'm hoping we find out... someone call Jackson Hastings. Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee Donkey we need someone to get to the bottom of this!! 

Just now, GUBRATS said:

What is ' Twitter ' ? 🤔

It's something for anonymised accounts on internet messageboards to complain about

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived