Dewsbury Away

AB Knight

This will be a tough one, can’t see there being many points in it on the tight pitch. But it’s the type of game we need to win if we want to get in the playoffs. I reckon it could be a similar game to the one there in 2019.

Will be interesting to see who Ford picks. I wonder if he’ll break up the Marsh/Dean partnership which worked so well last Sunday in order to bring Keyes in? 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AB Knight said:

This will be a tough one, can’t see there being many points in it on the tight pitch. But it’s the type of game we need to win if we want to get in the playoffs. I reckon it could be a similar game to the one there in 2019.

Will be interesting to see who Ford picks. I wonder if he’ll break up the Marsh/Dean partnership which worked so well last Sunday in order to bring Keyes in? 

i personally would keep marsh and dean , their pace and agility will count against a rams halfback partnership your never going to match for experience.

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

i personally would keep marsh and dean , their pace and agility will count against a rams halfback partnership your never going to match for experience.

Very true, Dewsburys halfback partnership have a combined age of 131 so will be interesting watching the matchup.

On 28/04/2021 at 06:19, AB Knight said:

Personally, I can't see the logic in doing that. If one of the mitigating factors in our stuttering league start is the number of half back combinations we've had to field, when you've got a pairing who played so well in a crushing victory last week, surely you'd go with that ?

Edit - no Keyes in the squad!

5 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Personally, I can't see the logic in doing that. If one of the mitigating factors in our stuttering league start is the number of half back combinations we've had to field, when you've got a pairing who played so well in a crushing victory last week, surely you'd go with that ?

Edit - no Keyes in the squad!

Keys and O'Hagen both still injured and should be ready to play in the next week or so.

Agreed O'Hagen when fit should be a starting half, but I must admit that I'm curious as to the bringing in of Joe Keyes - are we concerned that Dean will get a recall from Wire too often? (and doesn't that apply to Keyes as well ?)

In the same way, I'm curious about how and why we got Connor Wynne, since FB cover is not something we're short of. Thank you very much Hull FC, he's clearly  "a cut above"😀 - do you think Hull wanted him to get some game time, as much as we wanted (or needed) him?

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Lewis peachey played for cas last night after a couple of outings for us , so as you suggest all parties benefit 😀😀😀

Seems this loan rule is a way around dual reg. When it's going well it all seems fine but going badly and it can be dangerous to use it. You only have to look at some of the performances some Hull players put in for us back in 2013 to know it can go wrong. Much prefer the loan system meaning we can use players from any club and it feels like the rules around training and player recall are much clearer.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

7 minutes ago, DEANO said:

He’s not playing today

Keyes is probably 4th choice halfback , nice position to be in , anyway I'd rather have Riley dean and Brendan o Hagan any day😀😀😀

It’s Game Day but we need to wait a little longer for a piece of the action as kick off is 7:30 this evening. Got my pass to watch the match and really looking forward to it. Incidentally, anyone know the last time we played on a Sunday evening, not counting Toronto?

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

34 minutes ago, White Knight said:

It’s Game Day but we need to wait a little longer for a piece of the action as kick off is 7:30 this evening. Got my pass to watch the match and really looking forward to it. Incidentally, anyone know the last time we played on a Sunday evening, not counting Toronto?

Don't know about that but you won't have long  to wait for another one same again next week against us FEV😀

18 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Keyes is probably 4th choice halfback , nice position to be in , anyway I'd rather have Riley dean and Brendan o Hagan any day😀😀😀

Keys is a very clever and experienced halfback he can unlock defences with ball in hand and the boot i would rather he was in our squad than the oppositions if he was available i for one would sign him as for Riley he is growing in confidence game on game his second try at Swinton was class, he scored one for Warrington very similar wrong footing the defence and going over great foot work from the lad and he's strong on defence, down side he's not our player ? Matty and Dean are starting To gel Fordy has to keep them together they both like to take the line on,which i  would like  O'Hagan do more off he has the ability,looking forward to the game the Rams are stronger looking side than Swinton expect a strong defensive game but if we come out firing like last week should be in for another treat,quietly confident we can get the result                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      COME YE KNIGHT'S 

Judging by our performance against Bradford last week and yours at Swinton, I can’t see anything but a York win. 

Dewsbury’s attack is hardly flowing (unlike yours last week) and you won’t see our half backs do much running. We seem to rely on those two and their kicking game to get us our tries. 

York to win easily. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

36 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Judging by our performance against Bradford last week and yours at Swinton, I can’t see anything but a York win. 

Dewsbury’s attack is hardly flowing (unlike yours last week) and you won’t see our half backs do much running. We seem to rely on those two and their kicking game to get us our tries. 

York to win easily. 

To be fair CF no matter who you had at halfback with the size of your pitch not much room to run 🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, POR said:

To be fair CF no matter who you had at halfback with the size of your pitch not much room to run 🤣🤣🤣

There’s plenty of room to run; see how Bradford exploited that. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

5 hours ago, White Knight said:

Two weeks ago v Sheffield 😉

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

Archived