Dewsbury Away

AB Knight

Thought the backs were very good tonight. They won it for us.  The forwards were out-muscled. There were some sets where it was all backs running it for 5 tackles. I’m all for giving forwards a rest, but really?? They’ll need to up their game considerably next week. A wins a win though, so we’ll done for overcoming a hard-working Dewsbury. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Solid win, I’m starting to ‘see it’ a bit more with Cuthbertson now who seems to be really working opposition defences now.

Thought the key trio of Marsh, Dean and Wynne were fairly quiet but came up with some great plays at key times.

Special mention to Kirmond who really seems to be coming into his own now. Salter 110% as always.

Dewsbury kept running at Dean to tire him out, keeps his attacking capabilities  down.

20 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Thought the backs were very good tonight. They won it for us.  The forwards were out-muscled. There were some sets where it was all backs running it for 5 tackles. I’m all for giving forwards a rest, but really?? They’ll need to up their game considerably next week. A wins a win though, so we’ll done for overcoming a hard-working Dewsbury. 

Yes, it did look at times that the Dewsbury pack were on top and making more ground, so the backs had to work extra hard. Once again l thought Keiron Dixon ran his blood to water. But well done to all in a bruising encounter. 

4 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Yes, it did look at times that the Dewsbury pack were on top and making more ground, so the backs had to work extra hard. Once again l thought Keiron Dixon ran his blood to water. But well done to all in a bruising encounter. 

Keiron Dixon m.o.m. for me although Washbrook had a big hand in a lot of Knights good work. 

Dixon mom for me. Thought although washbrook did nowt wrong he was effectively just an acting half back. Unless I missed it I don’t think jubby came back on

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I think the Knights were a bit distracted by the narrow pitch, and played it narrower than they needed to. Last week they moved the ball wide and reaped the benefit of moving the opposition around. They didn't do that tonight, and struggled to make the breakthrough. But, they got the win, and at the end of the day, that is what matters.

8 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I think the Knights were a bit distracted by the narrow pitch, and played it narrower than they needed to. Last week they moved the ball wide and reaped the benefit of moving the opposition around. They didn't do that tonight, and struggled to make the breakthrough. But, they got the win, and at the end of the day, that is what matters.

Theres about 10 yards difference between Swintons pitch and Dewsburys, most teams find it hard to score at the Rams stadium, we will see it again when we play the Bulls there, a good win for the Knights, now we need to do it next week at home to Fev.

Pleased with the win which keeps the momentum going. I have never seen us win by much there - games are usually very tight for the reasons already mentioned. Huge game next week. Onwards and upwards.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

11 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Keiron Dixon m.o.m. for me although Washbrook had a big hand in a lot of Knights good work. 

When it became clear that Connor R was heading to Fax I did wonder how we could replace such an accurate place kicker - we edged so many games by the odd point due to his accuracy with the boot. I needn’t have worried. Kieron Dixon has been brilliant since arriving, but he brings so much more to the Knights - he’s great under the high ball, supports the middles in attack, has electric pace, and when he gathers the ball and pins his ears back you can almost hear an intake of breath in anticipation of what will happen next. Keep up the excellent work young man. 

13 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Our forwards who played last night are all very similar , we need Joe porter back as an interchange who runs aggressive lines and breaks defences , Dixon and baldwinson had quiet games , still early Day's , next week will show where were at😀😀😀

2 hours ago, Fenton Knight said:

When it became clear that Connor R was heading to Fax I did wonder how we could replace such an accurate place kicker - we edged so many games by the odd point due to his accuracy with the boot. I needn’t have worried. Kieron Dixon has been brilliant since arriving, but he brings so much more to the Knights - he’s great under the high ball, supports the middles in attack, has electric pace, and when he gathers the ball and pins his ears back you can almost hear an intake of breath in anticipation of what will happen next. Keep up the excellent work young man. 

He was excellent and for me MOTM.

I counted one error from him, well it probably isn’t an error I just find it annoying - when he collected the ball in goal and put his head back and got up to the 10 line and was met by 3 Dewsbury tacklers who promptly picked him up and dumped him back over the line for a dropout. I think it’s great that he backs himself and I’ll be the first to congratulate him when he runs through them for a length of the field try, just think in those circumstances he’d be better finding ground and picking when to run and when to surrender. 

But then he’s played 100+ SL games whereas I’ve played 0 😄

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Our forwards who played last night are all very similar , we need Joe porter back as an interchange who runs aggressive lines and breaks defences , Dixon and baldwinson had quiet games , still early Day's , next week will show where were at😀😀😀

First 20minutes the forwards struggled to match Dewsbury forwards,but the interchanges seemed to turn the game the knights way,but we do have a lot of options in the forwards when all are fit so can change personnel if players aren't performing otherwise a great win

Interesting seeing all the different man of the matches:

Our League commentator - Danny Washbrook

League Express - Danny Washbrook

York Press - Marcus Stock

YCK website official MOTM - Chris Clarkson

52 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Interesting seeing all the different man of the matches:

Our League commentator - Danny Washbrook

League Express - Danny Washbrook

York Press - Marcus Stock

YCK website official MOTM - Chris Clarkson

A team performance. How Fordy will want it to be.

FWIW - my pick was Washbrook. Thought he mixed it up well from the play the ball, was a tower in defence and was very obviously marshaling our play in that second half. Did a lot of the jobs that Tim Spears has been doing unseen for us for the last few seasons.

8 hours ago, spanishknight said:

See Jake Connor is up tomorrow and faces a one match ban, wonder if Hull will recall Wynne.

Think Perry Whiteley is due back from injury, so (if O'Hagen  is still not recovered) he could slot into a back three with Dixon or BJB at Full Back, so Matty Marsh can stay in the halves.

Full marks to Connor Wynne for his two performances in a Knights shirt - classy young player with hopefully a big future in the game.

6 hours ago, RBKnight said:

Think Perry Whiteley is due back from injury, so (if O'Hagen  is still not recovered) he could slot into a back three with Dixon or BJB at Full Back, so Matty Marsh can stay in the halves.

Full marks to Connor Wynne for his two performances in a Knights shirt - classy young player with hopefully a big future in the game.

Full marks to Connor Wynne for his two performances in a Knights shirt - classy young player with hopefully a big future in the game.                                                                                                                         I must agree RBKnight strong young man good pace and good hand's and foot work, i am sure i read some where he is out of contract at the end of this season one to keep an eye on. 

16 hours ago, spanishknight said:

See Jake Connor is up tomorrow and faces a one match ban, wonder if Hull will recall Wynne.

They have Will Dagger and Ethan Ryan to call on before Wynne S.K.so should be ok playing for us for the foreseeable future

6 minutes ago, yck2017 said:

They have Will Dagger and Ethan Ryan to call on before Wynne S.K.so should be ok playing for us for the foreseeable future

Those two are rervers😀😀😀

Archived