2 Year TV Deal

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Little birds has just told me 2 divisions £1.8m to SL1 and £1m SL2, which will include TO YORK FEV BRADFORD NEWCASTLE CARDIFF AVIGNON and 1 other tbd

You really should stop talking to yourself and blaming it on pigeons 😂

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Mattrhino said:

It seems quite explicit that the free to air games will still be on SKY platforms so maybe Sky mix or red buttons or online. So I'm not sure why people are getting excited about C4 or C5 showing live games.

BBC are going to be showing up to ten Super League games.

If Sky is going to have cameras at every game, then arguably they may actually broadcast more than just the 66 games listed in the Press Release.

The wording very specifically states that those 66 will be 'exclusive' to Sky, but potentially those extra '20' up for re-sale, may also be simulcasted on Sky and BBC / Our League / etc.

That said, that still leaves another 90 odd games which unless OurLeague can take, would be a bit weird for Sky to film, unless the plan is to sell that extra content to Fox League and Sky in NZ.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Can I get a link or source to this?

I've just had a look, I can only see a Yorkshire Post article. So it has not been officially confirmed by anyone.

So I'm still a little confused because nowhere in the press release does it say games will go on terrestrial tele. Only that games will be on FTA Sky platforms.

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

Guess I've got higher standards than you, sorry! 

I'm not saying chuck OuRLeague in the bin but if Super League is going down the Watch NRL road, it needs to be more user-friendly to watch on a TV. 

i would guess they know that to be honest.. they now have a year to get it there with the help of both Sky and Iquoniq (or however its spelt).. i wouldnt be surpised to see some massive changes.. lets remember this time last year they were'nt expecting to have to put 2-3 streams through it a week and they have got it to this point on limited resources.

6 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

If Sky is going to have cameras at every game, then arguably they may actually broadcast more than just the 66 games listed in the Press Release.

The wording very specifically states that those 66 will be 'exclusive' to Sky, but potentially those extra '20' up for re-sale, may also be simulcasted on Sky and BBC / Our League / etc.

That said, that still leaves another 90 odd games which unless OurLeague can take, would be a bit weird for Sky to film, unless the plan is to sell that extra content to Fox League and Sky in NZ.

It says 66 will be broadcast on Sky sports the rest will be shown on other free to air Sky platforms.

14 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

I've just had a look, I can only see a Yorkshire Post article. So it has not been officially confirmed by anyone.

It hasn't been officially confirmed but, as said elsewhere, the Yorkshire Post is about as small-c conservative as can be imagined and tends not to really be in a hurry for scoops. If it's writing that there are moves for the BBC to have 10 live games per year then I think it's fair to assume that those discussions are at a fairly advanced stage - even if nothing comes of it ultimately.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

Dave Woods on the BBC website says there is no news on the broadcast package of 10 Superleague games, so if its with the BBC he doesn't know about it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/56915807

True but the BBC coverage rarely if ever breaks news. It reports what's already out there (e.g. from the press release). 

5 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If the BBC has ten live Super League games then I’m surprised they’re not shouting it from the rooftops.

That wouldn't form part of a Sky/SLE announcement to be fair.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

That wouldn't form part of a Sky/SLE announcement to be fair.

Yes, and I would imagine Sky would insist on their announcement first, given they are the principle - if not exclusive - broadcast partner.  Hopefully we hear more in the coming weeks.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Nothing to stop the BBC from publicising their slice of the pie on their own platforms if it’s true.

It may not be confirmed and/or Super League may rather have announcements about separate deals made separately.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Smudger06 said:

Doesn't say owt in the Yorkshire Post about games on the BBC, just says 66 Games are going on the Sky Sports Channels and that some will be going on other (non subscription) Sky Platforms. 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/exclusive-bbc-to-show-live-betfred-super-league-games-from-next-year-3217039

15 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If the BBC has ten live Super League games then I’m surprised they’re not shouting it from the rooftops.

Yeah you'd think they'd be estatic and unable to contain themselves!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Archived