Sun 2 May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/05/21 at 14:30

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who knows? unfortunately we haven’t seen them as yet without any injuries, however I think our season will be pretty much done by the time we do

A defeat tomorrow will leave you well behind the Leaders.  Should be an interesting game.

This is a must win for Fartown in my eyes, we have been playing ok and getting better every game as Watto and GB mould the team into what they want and if we really do have aspirations about being in the play-offs this year we need to start picking up wins.

Leeds are looking shot already and this should be a game we have targeted as a win after playing well the last couple of weeks, if we score 1st i think we will be comfortable as every games so far we've had to come from behind and left ourselves too much to do plus it's Leeds, when you pull on a claret and gold jersey it should be pumped into you that you WANT to beat this lot.

Score 1st Giants by 16

Score 2nd Leeds by 6

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Yes, it’s the same side that won the Challenge Cup last year with current New Zealand International Zane Tetevano added to it 

Fair enough, you won the Cup and well done for that. But you only had to win three games! Making a comparison between that and a twenty odd game slog to win Trophy is nil. Same as when you have won Grand Finals from fifth place. A side good enough to win knockout football, but not good enough to top the League.

3 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Fair enough, you won the Cup and well done for that. But you only had to win three games! Making a comparison between that and a twenty odd game slog to win Trophy is nil. Same as when you have won Grand Finals from fifth place. A side good enough to win knockout football, but not good enough to top the League.

Not this old chestnut.

If the main prize was to finish top of the league, then maybe Leeds would have targeted that rather than target actually winning the SL trophy all those times?

And yes Leeds only had to win 3 games to win the Challenge Cup, but they were the only team that did just that.

1 minute ago, meast said:

Gaskell kicks a winning one pointer on the hooter!

All over Giants 14-13 Rhinos 

Phew!

Got any fingernails left?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

maybe Leeds are lacking in depth a bit

Maybe, but we do have a lot of players in key positions out, for example at half back.

Its not an excuse for some of the stupid plays we seem to be making including players getting banned but it will ultimately mean we have to play with makeshift sides.

I thought it was a scrappy game Hudds really should have put the game away but seemed to try mimic Leeds with daft penalties 

With the injuries Leeds have, this was a game that was very important for Huddersfield to win.

Whether it was by 1 point last second drop goal or more comfortable, the prize was the same.

A relieving win for Huddersfield. Haven't seen or listened to the game but with Sezer scoring all bar 1 of the points, it shows how crucial he is.

Archived