Sat 1 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:00

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/21 at 12:30

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Inglis, one of the biggest signings in Super League history, makes his debut on Saturday, on the OurLeague app, where only Wire and HKR fans can watch, whilst Super League has just signed a greatly-reduced TV deal with Sky Sports, who won't be broadcasting the game anyway.

Rovers win in golden point in front of a TV audience smaller than the population of North Sentinel Island...

46 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Greg Inglis, one of the biggest signings in Super League history, makes his debut on Saturday, on the OurLeague app, where only Wire and HKR fans can watch, whilst Super League has just signed a greatly-reduced TV deal with Sky Sports, who won't be broadcasting the game anyway.

Rovers win in golden point in front of a TV audience smaller than the population of North Sentinel Island...

Good point, you would think sky would have been all over it. 

We'll be watching via our dodgy reprogrammed firestick that can show all and sundry.

Will be hoping for a Wire victory but, nonetheless, will be mildly amused if our friends from East Hull nick it.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wire are a benchmark, this will be a very interesting test of the level of this very different KR side - especially the pack’s ability to create a platform for Abdul. Nothing to lose here. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 28/04/2021 at 16:06, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

"Only Wire and HKR fans"?!?!

21 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

We'll be watching via our dodgy reprogrammed firestick that can show all and sundry.

I resemble that remark.

2 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Are you sure 

I'm sure Blake Austin hasn't played his last game for Warrington.   He is however out of form, and his agent is offering him to other clubs.   So I guess he doesn't form part of Powell's plans going forward.

I think he'd make a great impact player from the bench in the NRL, and would probably still earn more than he could at another club in the UK.

29 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I'm sure Blake Austin hasn't played his last game for Warrington.   He is however out of form, and his agent is offering him to other clubs.   So I guess he doesn't form part of Powell's plans going forward.

I think he'd make a great impact player from the bench in the NRL, and would probably still earn more than he could at another club in the UK.

I can't help but think under a better coach Austin would do better, but my opinion of Price's ability to put any sort of structure in our attack probably taints my views of the players.

On 28/04/2021 at 16:53, ELBOWSEYE said:

Good point, you would think sky would have been all over it. 

Exactly . Sky should have been getting this somewhere in the schedules . Inglis playing is a ginormous story 

23 minutes ago, Alffi 7 said:

I can't help but think under a better coach Austin would do better, but my opinion of Price's ability to put any sort of structure in our attack probably taints my views of the players.

Almost certainly.   I think the problem going forward though is that we have a marquee halfback for 2022 in Widdop, who is now doing the business and justifying the bigger salary.   I imagine Powell will want to either bring pair him a British half-back with potential such as Trueman from Cas, or develop Riley Dean who looks very promising.

Also, Austin's marquee slot will undoubtedly be part of the negotiations to retain Daryl Clark, who I'm sure is the first name on Powell's wish list.

SKD opens the scoring.

Wire 0 Rervers 6.

Toby King replies for Wire, Ratchford from touch.

Wire 6 Rervers 6.

Archived