Sat 1 May: SL: Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 13:00

Who will win?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/05/21 at 12:30

Another decent run out by Rovers. I reckon all the people who tipped us for relegation are going to look a bit daft this year 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That last minute or so just about summed up the entire game.

Dreadful.

Wire score through Walker on the hooter.

Wire 46 Rervers 26.

Full tarm.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Apologies, I mistook a hooter for a set restart for full tarm. Game carried on and Charnley makes it a half century.

Wire 50 Rervers 26.

Now it's full tarm.

9 minutes ago, my missus said:

so did GI play?

Yeah, he was almost as good as Linnet 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 minutes ago, my missus said:

so did GI play?

He did 80 minutes so he will be glad to get some game time under his belt after 2 years since his last game. Warrington attack is disjointed at the moment but if they get a system going he will cause teams problems especially near the try line. 

Last quarter Warrington pulled away but until then it was anyone's game.

Rovers tired and then presented 2 or 3 gifts when trying to chase the game. Wire were too good in the end and their offloading game eventually took the energy out of Rovers.

Final score didn't reflect the game but Warrington deserved winners.

7 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Maybe wait until full time...

Nah mate, we were already 4 scores behind when I posted that so you’ve missed your point by a country mile. I watched the match, and if you think being on-par with a serial top 4 side (with a budget probably double our own) for 65 mins is relegation form then you’re more one-eyed than most of the dark side 

Very much looking forward to the derby 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Nah mate, we were already 4 scores behind when I posted that so you’ve missed your point by a country mile. I watched the match, and if you think being on-par with a serial top 4 side (with a budget probably double our own) for 65 mins is relegation form then you’re more one-eyed than most of the dark side 

Very much looking forward to the derby 

You're judging your potential as a side to not to get relegated based on one match against a potential top 4 side that you were a few scores behind already (and ended up having 50 put on you in the end).

I've seen the relegated side beat the champion side many times over the years. One decent game a season does not make... and this wasn't even a decent game in the end!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

47 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

You're judging your potential as a side to not to get relegated based on one match against a potential top 4 side that you were a few scores behind already (and ended up having 50 put on you in the end).

I've seen the relegated side beat the champion side many times over the years. One decent game a season does not make... and this wasn't even a decent game in the end!

Er, why on earth would you think I was doing that? No mate, I’m judging Rovers based on every match this season. We’re not all “pop in, pop out” supporters you know, think you’re projecting a bit there bless ya 😂

So far this year we’ve only lost to Saints and Wire by more than 1 point. Even in those matches were we were well beaten, we showed something. Smith has slowly built a side with balance that has some potent attacking options that don’t involve the last 2 years naive Harlem Globetrotters nonsense, and you can see is now fixing remaining flaws (our right edge defence). This is an “in the play-off mix” side, not a unholy mess anymore. I don’t have my club-killing West Hull friends’ delusions of grandeur, so right now that’ll do me and I’m enjoying it cheers! 

6 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I don’t have my club-killing West Hull friends’ 

Club killing West Hull friend accurately describes former Rovers' Chairman Barry Lilley although I think he lives a bit further out than West Hull.

Doesn't sound like it was a vintage performance, but we don't score 50 very often these days so that's something to be positive about. We have seen all year that Rovers can score tries.

Also it's the second week in a row that someone has posted in a match thread about how funny it would be if we lost, and then we have won. Looks like it's a good luck charm.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

22 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Club killing West Hull friend accurately describes former Rovers' Chairman Barry Lilley although I think he lives a bit further out than West Hull.

Keep telling yourself that chap. East Hull and Gateshead remember. Who’s next? 😂😂😂

17 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Also it's the second week in a row that someone has posted in a match thread about how funny it would be if we lost, and then we have won. Looks like it's a good luck charm.

Ouch!

Please don't lump me in with Sir Kev, I said I'd be mildly amused if Rovers won because I'm hoping my lot will be in the mix at the season's end and Wire will certainly be there or thereabouts also. In that sense it would have been nice that one of our potential rivals lost to a team that most folk aren't expecting to pull up too many trees this year, however your team prevailed in the end so that wasn't too bad a result for me either.

Sir Kev, on the other hand, is just a poor troll.

Diabolical second half.

First half we felt them out a bit and look pretty tidy, scoring a couple of decent tries and we looked after their edges pretty well too.

I said to my mate on 36 minutes that we don't want half time here and within 3 minutes of the restart Warrington flippin' scored.

After a period of 5-10 minutes where we kept the score tight they just overrun us like the Yanks on Iwa Jima. 

And to top it off I had Kane Linnett last try scorer as part of a lucky 15 and we still managed to concede with the clock virtually run out.

Abdull's try was good though...

12 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

After a period of 5-10 minutes where we kept the score tight they just overrun us

You just can't help yourself can you?

20 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Last quarter Warrington pulled away but until then it was anyone's game.

Rovers tired and then presented 2 or 3 gifts when trying to chase the game. Wire were too good in the end and their offloading game eventually took the energy out of Rovers.

Final score didn't reflect the game but Warrington deserved winners.

isn't that what the games are often about, one team causing the other to lose energy battles  so that the last 20mins they win the energy game and win the game easily.

Archived