Fri 30 Apr: SL: Salford Red Devils v Castleford Tigers KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Castleford Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/21 at 19:15

9 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Just got in after watching the game in the pub with the sound off. Can’t believe there is no mention of the trip on the Salford defender who would have tackled the Cas scorer of their 2nd try. And no mention of the one on one ball steal by Atkin, given as a penalty, which lead to 8 points by Cas. Same old, same old.

Puzzled me, that one. It seemed to me a legit steal under the new rule. Maybe a question of timing in that the ref saw it as if the second man still had a touch.? Tv does not always tell all.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Clogiron said:

Marshall has got a job on his hands he's got a squad of ageing player's who have done the rounds unable to crack it at a number of clubs

Said this after their first game. Team of rejects who’ll struggle to finish above 10th. 

11 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Just got in after watching the game in the pub with the sound off. Can’t believe there is no mention of the trip on the Salford defender who would have tackled the Cas scorer of their 2nd try. And no mention of the one on one ball steal by Atkin, given as a penalty, which lead to 8 points by Cas. Same old, same old.

I agree about the ball steal being a harsh call but if the above is what you've taken from watching  the game then there's no hope

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

I do not think Marshall is the right man for Salford, however, they are missing the likes of Burgess, Taylor, Sarginson just now while Escare and Inu are being strangely overlooked, get everyone back fit then they could be knocking on the door of the play offs, however, that being said, I do feel Salford need a coach with a bit more nous and pedigree.

1 hour ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

I agree about the ball steal being a harsh call but if the above is what you've taken from watching  the game then there's no hope

As I said, I watched without the sound. Two incidents which did not appear to be looked at on the TV and not mentioned in any of these comments when I got home. I was interested to see those incidents were covered, or whether Barry and Terry were waffling on about something else. Sorry if that upsets you.

The one-on-one ball steal, the ref shouted held just before the strip. Unfortunate for Salford, but the ref has to shout held at some point and once he had the steal was illegal.

The trip for Watts' try, I thought that at first. On replay it looked like incidental contact - certainly didn't see anything that would overturn the try.

As an aside, when did drop goals for conversions become a thing again? I have a distinct memory of a Cas player doing that several years ago and it got waved away and he was told they couldn't do that any more. Not complaining, just interested.

On 01/05/2021 at 07:38, JohnM said:

Puzzled me, that one. It seemed to me a legit steal under the new rule. Maybe a question of timing in that the ref saw it as if the second man still had a touch.? Tv does not always tell all.

If it’s the one I’m thinking of I thought he’d shouted held. 

Archived