Fri 30 Apr: SL: Leigh Centurions v St Helens KO 18:00

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/21 at 17:30

6-10.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gelling long range intercept.

12-18.

Coote misses sitter of a penalty.

12-22, 14 mins left.

We’re utterly boring to watch but we’re effective and winning games. It’s a bit of a complex really. Also, at some point we’re going to have to play well because we’re just going through the motions.

We’re going to be short next week in the cup. Bentley’s injury looked serious, Matautia threw a punch and Thompson is out. We’ll be light against a big Huddersfield pack, we’ll struggle against them. 

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Well played Leigh. The scoreboard handled Saints points total of 22 quite easily. 😉

Sounds like Leigh had a dig tonight,fair play to them and still in the relegation battle with Wakefield/Salford/Leeds.

As much as Leigh worked hard tonight to keep it ' decent ' , it's fluency and that bit of class we are missing , you can tell it's a new squad trying to gel , will we find that fluency in time to keep us up ? , Who knows 🤔

9 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

One main word that was there tonight in comparison to last week.  'Effort'.

Never gave up and fair play to them.

A good break to be had to charge the batteries.

The thing is snowy , effort has been there in every match , but when the gap in the score is unrecoverable no matter who the players are the enthusiasm starts to wane , effort won't keep us in SL , scoring trys will , as I said we are ' clunky ' when in attack , particularly when near the opposition line , we have time a way to convert possession and position into points 

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The thing is snowy , effort has been there in every match , but when the gap in the score is unrecoverable no matter who the players are the enthusiasm starts to wane , effort won't keep us in SL , scoring trys will , as I said we are ' clunky ' when in attack , particularly when near the opposition line , we have time a way to convert possession and position into points 

A different HB pairing in every game hasn’t helped, but points mAke confidence

Just now, sweaty craiq said:

A different HB pairing in every game hasn’t helped, but points mAke confidence

Spot on , I thought Wildie did ok last night , worked really hard in defence , as usual not much sympathy for our SL injury crisis , which seems to be every time we get there , it was Mortimer and Langi last time 

Gelling showed just how dangerous he can be , and impressed with his work load bringing the ball out , so a week's rest before hopefully watching us put 50 past the pies again live at the LSV 😉

20 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Spot on , I thought Wildie did ok last night , worked really hard in defence , as usual not much sympathy for our SL injury crisis , which seems to be every time we get there , it was Mortimer and Langi last time 

Gelling showed just how dangerous he can be , and impressed with his work load bringing the ball out , so a week's rest before hopefully watching us put 50 past the pies again live at the LSV 😉

Thought S'au had his best ever game in a Leigh shirt, interchanging as he and Gelling were doing worked very well, Brierley was very good also last night but what I would give for McNally chiming into the line both on the left and right flanks with the now powerful centre wing combinations we have, in my opinion a player very sorely missed not many tries out wide were scored without McNally's influence on them.

16 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thought S'au had his best ever game in a Leigh shirt, interchanging as he and Gelling were doing worked very well, Brierley was very good also last night but what I would give for McNally chiming into the line both on the left and right flanks with the now powerful centre wing combinations we have, in my opinion a player very sorely missed not many tries out wide were scored without McNally's influence on them.

Indeed , gobby little **** is Gregg 😀

Archived