Fri 30 Apr: SL: Leigh Centurions v St Helens KO 18:00

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • St Helens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/21 at 17:30

8 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I don't know the fool it was to release Tom Davies when he was at Leigh and he's scoring tries for fun now., but it's looking a dumb decision now, very dumb.

Add Tommy Makinson and Joe Burgess to the list of wingers that were at Leigh.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

We’re utterly boring to watch but we’re effective and winning games. It’s a bit of a complex really. Also, at some point we’re going to have to play well because we’re just going through the motions.

We’re going to be short next week in the cup. Bentley’s injury looked serious, Matautia threw a punch and Thompson is out. We’ll be light against a big Huddersfield pack, we’ll struggle against them. 

Were Saints rubbish again or were the opposition good?

You struggled against us last week, but still offered no credit, I'll take Saints being rubbish again next week.

1 minute ago, meast said:

Were Saints rubbish again or were the opposition good?

You struggled against us last week, but still offered no credit, I'll take Saints being rubbish again next week.

We’ve been pretty ordinary with the ball all season, bar for a half against Wakefield. It’s the style of play. Our defence is pretty solid so it’s not been that much of an issue against Wakefield, Leigh, Salford and Hull KR and to a lesser extent, yourselves. 

We’ll be very short in the back row next week. Bentley’s injury doesn’t look good, Thompson has a broken toe, Batchelor went off for a HIA, Matautia hit out at a Leigh player and Knowles and Foster are still injured, too. Given the aforementioned absentees, the way we’ve played this season thus far and the way in which we struggled against an improving and physical Huddersfield side last week, I’m not confident for next week at all. 

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Add Tommy Makinson and Joe Burgess to the list of wingers that were at Leigh.

At scholarship level there isn't much you can do when big lads come knocking 

Saints are the dullest side in the league. Woolf is certainly a coach that’ll keep the fan’s away, even his interviews are dull and they should be done in grey. Discipline is dreadful, the kicking game is bog standard. Thank god Lomax was on the pitch. Terrible injury for Bentley but even he has looked average this season, and Woolf has taken what skill they had, out of them. All he wants is plodders down the middle, i often wonder if it’s Cunningham in disguise. I’m hoping Melbourne or Souths will persuade Woolf to be the next coach, he’ll suit the NRL tactics. 

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Have you heard Eorl Crabtree wittering on, Morley is 10x better to listen to.

Is he like Morley - “Er ye yeah er **** tha that’s er Lomax is is is er playin is bes best rugby league ever. It’s er er yeah er compellin er yeah yeah”. 

1 hour ago, Josef K said:

Did Saints only concede 12 penalties or do the six again penalties not count against players. I thought they must’ve conceded at least 20 ?. 

They got piggy backed a lot second half, 10/12 would have been first half

Half back is a huge issue for Leigh and nowhere near the dangerous creativity we had in 2017. We may have got relegated, but still looked dangerous with ball in hand 20 out.

One to look at definitely as I thought we made some good meters against Saints  

3 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Half back is a huge issue for Leigh and nowhere near the dangerous creativity we had in 2017. We may have got relegated, but still looked dangerous with ball in hand 20 out.

One to look at definitely as I thought we made some good meters against Saints  

Is it Hood the hooker he looks a decent player and a tricky customer. 

13 minutes ago, Josef K said:

Is it Hood the hooker he looks a decent player and a tricky customer. 

It amazes me that we've had Liam Hood at Leigh for essentially 5 years ( he had a short spell at Widnes in-between ) , he is easily SL quality 

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

It amazes me that we've had Liam Hood at Leigh for essentially 5 years ( he had a short spell at Widnes in-between ) , he is easily SL quality 

He is a good player, Saints are looking for a hooker when Roby finishes. It looks as if Woolf doesn’t seem that keen on Smith anymore so perhaps they could look at him (IF you go down) ?. 

17 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Yep, if Beaumont is serious about building at Leigh then he should be getting Hood signed to a new contract regardless of the division we are in next year.

Archived