Thu 29 Apr:SL: Wigan Warriors v Hull FC KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/04/21 at 19:15

25 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Like other Hull fans on here, I was very pleased with the defensive efforts and overall performance. I no longer wince when the opposition shift the ball wide, it seems in recent seasons that that was all they had to do to score.

Re. the Connor sin binning, I hope they scrutinise the video carefully as it looked to me like the wound that Hardaker suffered was caused by a clash of heads with Ben Macnamara. Connor certainly hit Hardaker high but I wonder if the 10 minutes that Child gave him was due to him thinking it was Connor who caused the injury. After all, Willie Isa hit Tom Johnstone high a few weeks since and wasn't even penalised, even though Johnstone hasn't played since as a direct result of Isa's contact with his head.

I was interested to note that the penalty awarded when Hastings was trying to regain his feet to play the ball under Hull's posts late on was only awarded when Connor put his hand on him as he was going to play the ball. Sneyd shoved Hastings twice when he was getting up, both times I thought worthy of a penalty yet it was only when Connor played a part that Child awarded one.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I hope that, as Hodgson hinted, Josh Reynolds is available for the cup tie a week tomorrow. Much as I think Ben Macnamara may be a decent prospect, I just don't think he's first grade material yet. We clearly need our strongest line up possible against Wigan next week to avoid successive defeats to them.

I think we're in with a shout if Reynolds is fit as otherwise our halves will struggle yet again.

Whether it was Connor who hurt him or not, he did hit him square in the mouth tbf. Although the card didn't come out straight away and you have to wonder if the decision would have been the same had Hardaker jumped straight back to his feet.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, MZH said:

Whether it was Connor who hurt him or not, he did hit him square in the mouth tbf. 

Was there really a camera angle that showed that?

He certainly hit him high but exactly where the point of contact was I'm not sure.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Was there really a camera angle that showed that?

He certainly hit him high but exactly where the point of contact was I'm not sure.

Yeah there was mate. They showed one from pitch level from the near touch line and he didn't miss tbf.

I'm not moderating multiple threads on the same topic, so if you want to discuss the Tony Clubb - Andre Savelio incident, do it in the following thread:

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/360845-alleged-racism/

If you want to discuss the match between Wigan v Hull FC, continue to do in in here.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, MZH said:

It's easy to say in hindsight that he cost us the game when that penalty proved to be the winner, but we lost the game in other areas tonight. But yes he really does need to cut out some of that stuff. You can niggle and annoy without being dumb about it, and a couple of times tonight he was definitely dumb.

He gave away the penalty that was the difference between the teams, he also spent 10 minutes in the sin bin and spilled the ball from Batemans kick. In general play he was no better than average which might have been a result of the Wigan players having his number and using his temperament against him.

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Like other Hull fans on here, I was very pleased with the defensive efforts and overall performance. I no longer wince when the opposition shift the ball wide, it seems in recent seasons that that was all they had to do to score.

Re. the Connor sin binning, I hope they scrutinise the video carefully as it looked to me like the wound that Hardaker suffered was caused by a clash of heads with Ben Macnamara. Connor certainly hit Hardaker high but I wonder if the 10 minutes that Child gave him was due to him thinking it was Connor who caused the injury. After all, Willie Isa hit Tom Johnstone high a few weeks since and wasn't even penalised, even though Johnstone hasn't played since as a direct result of Isa's contact with his head.

I was interested to note that the penalty awarded when Hastings was trying to regain his feet to play the ball under Hull's posts late on was only awarded when Connor put his hand on him as he was going to play the ball. Sneyd shoved Hastings twice when he was getting up, both times I thought worthy of a penalty yet it was only when Connor played a part that Child awarded one.

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I hope that, as Hodgson hinted, Josh Reynolds is available for the cup tie a week tomorrow. Much as I think Ben Macnamara may be a decent prospect, I just don't think he's first grade material yet. We clearly need our strongest line up possible against Wigan next week to avoid successive defeats to them.

I think we're in with a shout if Reynolds is fit as otherwise our halves will struggle yet again.

It’s so sad that your eyesight has deteriorated so far in the space of a few weeks.

You had absolutely no issues spotting Willie Isa clocking Tom Johnstone by accident the other week, and yet you can’t seem to spot a Hull player smacking Zak Hardaker flush in the gob.

Off to Specsavers for you.

10 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

He gave away the penalty that was the difference between the teams, he also spent 10 minutes in the sin bin and spilled the ball from Batemans kick. In general play he was no better than average which might have been a result of the Wigan players having his number and using his temperament against him.

As I said, in hindsight its easy to say we lost by 2 therefore his penalty cost the game. You could also say Sneyd missed a fairly simple conversion and that cost us the game. I don't think you can ever point to just one moment. At the time I was quote pleased to concede those 2 points, we looked ragged and tired and I thought a try was coming. It allowed us to reset, get a breather and get the ball up the other end of the pitch again.

The yellow card was worse, it was a bit of a cheap shot tbh, he wasn't stretching and he didn't mistime it. It was poor from him really.

Mentioning the knock on from Batemans kick is overly harsh. Very few players could have scooped that up cleanly.

The positives from him were I felt he was very commanding under the high ball, and he created a try with a lovely short side play.

It wasn't one of his better performances, but you can't pin the defeat on him.

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

I'm not moderating multiple threads on the same topic, so if you want to discuss the Tony Clubb - Andre Savelio incident, do it in the following thread:

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/360845-alleged-racism/

If you want to discuss the match between Wigan v Hull FC, continue to do in in here.

Thanks.

More posts removed.

Reminder above.

Am I talking to myself here or what? :kolobok_angry2:

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

It’s so sad that your eyesight has deteriorated so far in the space of a few weeks.

You had absolutely no issues spotting Willie Isa clocking Tom Johnstone by accident the other week, and yet you can’t seem to spot a Hull player smacking Zak Hardaker flush in the gob.

Off to Specsavers for you.

Been sent a video from an angle I didn't see last night, was hoping I could put it on here but not sure how as I'm rubbish at stuff like that. It's certainly not for the faint hearted, especially if you're a Hull fan.

Connor smacks Hardaker round the right hand side of his head but Ben Macnamara clashes heads with him causing even more damage to his mouth I think.

If I can work out how to do it I'll post it on here or if anyone else has it then maybe they can also. It's a close up of the incident and I think it's doing the rounds on facebook.

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Been sent a video from an angle I didn't see last night, was hoping I could put it on here but not sure how as I'm rubbish at stuff like that. It's certainly not for the faint hearted, especially if you're a Hull fan.

Connor smacks Hardaker round the right hand side of his head but Ben Macnamara clashes heads with him causing even more damage to his mouth I think.

If I can work out how to do it I'll post it on here or if anyone else has it then maybe they can also. It's a close up of the incident and I think it's doing the rounds on facebook.

Yep, nobody seemed to pick up on that at the time - it was high but i think the nose bleed was done by the head clash

33 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

So deliberate contact with the head is ok as long as there’s no blood ?

*Sigh*

I said that the head clash made it look worse because that's what produced the blood. 

Now I've seen the incident in all it's glory, Connor deserves at least two matches for it. I have no idea why he did it, he's gobby and likes to get under opposition player's skin but that's the first time I've seen anything like that from him.

A stupid and reckless act that was very disappointing as we need his obvious talent in the side.

Archived