Match Thread: Championship Round 5, York v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-9th-May-2021

marklaspalmas

On 07/05/2021 at 17:01, marklaspalmas said:

Good.

Any advance on just the three different squads so far???

Yup.
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/match-preview-york-city-knights-vs-rovers-GUIxL

Jones now added to the squad. We now clearly have issues in the threequarters with Blackmore and Welham both missing. Two options really; if Chisholm is back in favour we could play Hall on the wing and move Brown or Holmes to full back. Otherwise I'd guess move Halton to centre and play Hardcastle or Minns on the wing. Either way not ideal having to make some major reshuffles to the team.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yup.
https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/match-preview-york-city-knights-vs-rovers-GUIxL

Jones now added to the squad. We now clearly have issues in the threequarters with Blackmore and Welham both missing. Two options really; if Chisholm is back in favour we could play Hall on the wing and move Brown or Holmes to full back. Otherwise I'd guess move Halton to centre and play Hardcastle or Minns on the wing. Either way not ideal having to make some major reshuffles to the team.

Salford played Jones at centre a couple of times last season. Maybe that's a possibility. Hardy on the wing.

Same halves, Holmes and Brown. Chizz off the bench for Parata, but Brown to AHB. 

With the unavailability of Ben B and Kris W I find the squad selection baffling we'ave included Harvey S who will be no where near the starting 17 but omitted Louis S   Liam W or Jacob D who can play in the backs That tells me two things either NU is playing centre or possibly fullback with Craig H playing centre ans Josh H on the wing

19 minutes ago, POR said:

With the unavailability of Ben B and Kris W I find the squad selection baffling we'ave included Harvey S who will be no where near the starting 17 but omitted Louis S   Liam W or Jacob D who can play in the backs That tells me two things either NU is playing centre or possibly fullback with Craig H playing centre ans Josh H on the wing

The only other out and out winger we have in our 31 man squad apart from Gale and Blackmore is Doyle, but he's injured

Just now, marklaspalmas said:

The only other out and out winger we have in our 31 man squad apart from Gale and Blackmore is Doyle, but he's injured

Didn't now about Jacob but my point still stands for the other two as for only winger Doyle remember  liam moved to wing in second half and scored in Batley friendly so would have thought playing there would not be a problem for him

29 minutes ago, POR said:

Didn't now about Jacob but my point still stands for the other two as for only winger Doyle remember  liam moved to wing in second half and scored in Batley friendly so would have thought playing there would not be a problem for him

Yes, I think Whitton would've been a decent shout on the wing.

Looking at what I've seen in the past, Minns always did a good job on the wing in his previous spell at Fev, and Chizzy was good at full-back when he was out on loan at Sheffield from Bradford. Leigh fans often come on here saying left centre is Hall's best position, and personally I prefer Josh on the tight, so I would go:- Chisholm, Gale, Hardcastle, Hall, Minns, Brown, Holmes.

As far as the pack goes, is Jones fit? If so I would start with him, if not I would start with Bussey at 9 and bring Parata on a bit earlier, with Bussey coming back as a prop for the last 15 minutes. 

23 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Looking at what I've seen in the past, Minns always did a good job on the wing in his previous spell at Fev, and Chizzy was good at full-back when he was out on loan at Sheffield from Bradford. Leigh fans often come on here saying left centre is Hall's best position, and personally I prefer Josh on the tight, so I would go:- Chisholm, Gale, Hardcastle, Hall, Minns, Brown, Holmes.

As far as the pack goes, is Jones fit? If so I would start with him, if not I would start with Bussey at 9 and bring Parata on a bit earlier, with Bussey coming back as a prop for the last 15 minutes. 

Steve with players missing through injury would seem silly to put him in squad if he wasn't 

34 minutes ago, haskey said:

Is Chizzys defence good enough for full back ?

He's more exposed up in the line, what's more important is dealing with the high balls. I watched him play full back for Sheffield against Batley a few years back and he was the best player on the pitch.

11 minutes ago, POR said:

Steve with players missing through injury would seem silly to put him in squad if he wasn't 

I hope you're right Pete?

31 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well Chissy's listed at full back...will he play there?

https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1391445332823879688

interesting question  PH  wouldn't surprise me if he didn't chime  in the line every time we have the ball 

32 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No Cuthbertson for York.

I think that is a bigger loss for them than any of our missing lads watched highlights of york games and the majority of their attacks went through him with  his offloads in the tackle 

The sin bin was a bit harsh and then they go and score off it. A bit more composure required in the second half, and if we can then keep the pressure on who knows 

Excellent performance, that was the best we have played this season.

Thought were were unlucky on some of the calls, especially the sin sinning, but we were both composed and clinical.

Happy with that, shame that York didn't have that side out against TO, otherwise  we could have been top outright.

Archived