Match Thread: Championship Round 5, York v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-9th-May-2021

marklaspalmas

2 minutes ago, POR said:

REALLY  I think the pass looking forward was something to do with the camera angle  the touchy was level with gareth and saw nothing wrong would have told ref if pass was forward  he didn't so nowt wrong with it

If it had been scored against us I would have been quite discounted.

Its easy to focus on the negatives on what was a fabulous game with a thoroughly astonishing end.  Been on my ###### a few weeks now..... it proper gave me a lift. I was (and still am) proper buzzing.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Robin Evans said:

Its easy to focus on the negatives on what was a fabulous game with a thoroughly astonishing end.  Been on my ar se a few weeks now..... it proper gave me a lift. I was (and still am) proper buzzing.

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Its easy to focus on the negatives on what was a fabulous game with a thoroughly astonishing end.  Been on my ###### a few weeks now..... it proper gave me a lift. I was (and still am) proper buzzing.

ROBIN people getting upset over what they think they saw is nothing new  the touchjudge saw nothing wrong with it and that's all that matters got nothing to do with what tom dick or harry think🤣

7 minutes ago, DEANO said:

It probably was forward and probably offside for the charge down but fact is fev we’re better and deserved to win

Def onside for the kick. If I knew how I'd post the still Deano, I'd post the proof that kendall called it right. The still shows chiz stood next to kendall as the ball is being played.... then roll the vid.... he sets off like lightening and times his jump perfectly for the charge down.

Additional.

I've just posted the still on Facebook if anyone knows how to upload that onto here.

31 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Def onside for the kick. If I knew how I'd post the still Deano, I'd post the proof that kendall called it right. The still shows chiz stood next to kendall as the ball is being played.... then roll the vid.... he sets off like lightening and times his jump perfectly for the charge down.

Additional.

I've just posted the still on Facebook if anyone knows how to upload that onto here.

Open the pic full in FB, copy the web address (usually right click to get copy option) and then use 'other media' drop down and 'insert image from url'

45 minutes ago, DEANO said:

It probably was forward and probably offside for the charge down but fact is fev we’re better and deserved to win

Lot of probables last night  D so here's some more kopczak probably scored and salter probably didn't 🤣🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Open the pic full in FB, copy the web address (usually right click to get copy option) and then use 'other media' drop down and 'insert image from url'

Tried my best to do it on.my phone without success and my tech assistant has had to go home cos its her bath time.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Additional.

Ok. I’m clutching at straws looking for excuses. Obviously ref didn’t take them back 10 😁

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Don't think many Championship supporters would complain if Toulouse,Fev,or York got into S.L..IF Batley won the play offs i would love them to take the S.L. money and then tell them they are staying in the Championship.Could't happen of course but i can dream.

I thought that Fev made hard work of a game they should have won comfortably. When they played it simple York hardly got a sniff of our line, but silly penalties brought them near from which they scored their tries. Rovers were making far more yards with their plays but had far too many chances go to ground. Having said that Kirmond's tackle on Hall was top drawer and prevented an almost certain try of the highest class, and his poor pass to Cooper was because the tackle was totally unexpected. It also saved another two points because when Hall did score his try he went farther out than he needed to because he wanted to make sure this time.

Kopczak's effort was also a try, and I would have loved to see another angle of Moore's decision to pass rather than reach for the line, and whether he could have made it?

1 hour ago, Steve Slater said:

I thought that Fev made hard work of a game they should have won comfortably.

I disagree, no team is going to go to York and win comfortably. 

They have very good players throughout and well coached. They could easily have been celebrating a victory on Sunday and not us. 

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

14 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

I disagree, no team is going to go to York and win comfortably. 

They have very good players throughout and well coached. They could easily have been celebrating a victory on Sunday and not us. 

You are right of course....but I still maintain we were a good 2-3 scores better than York and as the score suggests.

A bit more composure and the drop goal was irrelevant. Barring one held up they never got a sniff in that second half and were unable to add to their points tally in almost the last hour.

On 11/05/2021 at 15:22, Robin Evans said:

You are right of course....but I still maintain we were a good 2-3 scores better than York and as the score suggests.

For those who are interested in this type of anorak stuff - and I know it isn't everyone - we outgained York by 950 yards to 760 in the first half despite having fewer sets than them, and despite their set restarts coming late in the tackle count (both ours came on the first tackle which isn't much help). Haven't had time to do the 2nd half.

As an aside, it's great to see match threads here regularly getting well over 5k views and often 100+ posts, I know lots of people have migrated to FB these days but I think it shows there's still a place for a more traditional forum like this.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

For those who are interested in this type of anorak stuff - and I know it isn't everyone - we outgained York by 950 yards to 760 in the first half despite having fewer sets than them, and despite their set restarts coming late in the tackle count (both ours came on the first tackle which isn't much help). Haven't had time to do the 2nd half.

As an aside, it's great to see match threads here regularly getting well over 5k views and often 100+ posts, I know lots of people have migrated to FB these days but I think it shows there's still a place for a more traditional forum like this.

I think your illuminating stats confirm the general impression. We have a dominant set of middles which provides real go-forward. Locky, Koppy & Bussey start, and the intensity does not drop when Davies, Moors, Harrison and Cooper take over.

Both hookers are greatly assisting this process of control and domination too.

I think what we need now is, having established a platform and field position, a few more tricks from the halfbacks and distributers to put running forward such as Day and Halton into holes, and give try scoring opportunities to our powerful, but not that speedy three-quarters. I'd like to see full-back a more attacking threat, both Hall and Chizzy are more than capable.

7 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Face book ! Whats that ? Lol.

Archived