TOULOSE v WIDNES

tms

I suspect you are looking for conspiracy, POR, where there may be a more obvious, simpler explanation.

The RFL said, at the start of the season, that they really wanted every team in the championship to play each other one at least once, if at all possible.  The clash of the Vikings and Olympique XIII in about ten days was the only one scheduled between these sides this season, as I recall, whereas Toulouse and Fev were due to meet once in each country.

In terms of making arrangements, the priority for both Widnes and Olympique XIII has clearly been to get their match re-arranged.  The willingness of Swinton to host it was clearly helpful, indeed vital.

So, the Toulouse club has expended its organisational energy on, and given priority to, its meeting with Widnes, not Fev.

The Board have ruled that the priority for rearranging postponed Toulouse fixtures in those available slots should be the teams who were only scheduled to play a single away fixture against the French club following the reduction in the fixture list as a result of the delayed start to the season – Widnes and Swinton Lions, whose away game in Toulouse is scheduled for May 22.

If the progress of Widnes and Swinton in either the Challenge Cup or the 1895 Cup means they cannot rearrange league fixtures for the two available match slots, Toulouse will be required to travel to play the fixtures in England on the scheduled dates.

Statement | Toulouse Olympique (rugby-league.com)

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

The Board have ruled that the priority for rearranging postponed Toulouse fixtures in those available slots should be the teams who were only scheduled to play a single away fixture against the French club following the reduction in the fixture list as a result of the delayed start to the season – Widnes and Swinton Lions, whose away game in Toulouse is scheduled for May 22.

Statement | Toulouse Olympique (rugby-league.com)

If Fev play them twice surely a reversing of fixtures would be the first option?

4 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

No, 1st option is one of the teams who only play them once as per the RFL statement.

Yeah that works for those. They can’t rock up to play Toulouse on a Fev designated weekend as they’d have their own opposition to play

1 hour ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

I suspect you are looking for conspiracy, POR, where there may be a more obvious, simpler explanation.

The RFL said, at the start of the season, that they really wanted every team in the championship to play each other one at least once, if at all possible.  The clash of the Vikings and Olympique XIII in about ten days was the only one scheduled between these sides this season, as I recall, whereas Toulouse and Fev were due to meet once in each country.

In terms of making arrangements, the priority for both Widnes and Olympique XIII has clearly been to get their match re-arranged.  The willingness of Swinton to host it was clearly helpful, indeed vital.

So, the Toulouse club has expended its organisational energy on, and given priority to, its meeting with Widnes, not Fev.

Far from it just pointing out that rather than rearrange for a later date as LTS said was the idea of the RFL it's being played on the designated date just at a  different venue so why not do the same this week for FEV

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

If Fev play them twice surely a reversing of fixtures would be the first option?

Good point, Spidey.  Maybe the logistics of arranging the trip at very short notice, when the trip for the Widnes game at Heywood Road also needs arranging, was too much.  Maybe Fev weren't keen on the swap.  I just don't know.

6 hours ago, POR said:

Far from it just pointing out that rather than rearrange for a later date as LTS said was the idea of the RFL it's being played on the designated date just at a  different venue so why not do the same this week for FEV

Interesting point, POR. 

My reply to Spidey above applies to your question too.  The bottom line is that I don't know how much time one needs, and how long in advance, to set up a trip, at affordable cost (however that's defined!) for a change of fixture.  Or maybe Fev wouldn't have been willing to swap and thus travel to Toulouse at the beginning of August.  In which case, why should Olympique XIII try and accommodate what, in that circumstance, could be perceived as an unhelpful Fev this weekend?

I just don't know.

12 hours ago, Davo5 said:

54103435-BBA6-4CF0-B002-DD9664D1F7A3.jpeg

I totally agree  D5 but in my defence my first post was tongue in cheek I don't want TO to play their home game  against FEV over here  hopefully I will to  able to go on my annual pilgrimage  to La Ville Rose later on in the year🍷🍸🍹🍻🥳😀

Archived