Corey Thompson - Gold Coast

Corey Thompson was always excellent at widnes 

But here he is blasting it in the NRL with gold Coast today against Brisbane. 

Has there been a more successful returning player than Thompson in recent years 

The Titans are destroying the broncos by the way 

Just now, The storm said:

I remember it a bit differently, he was great year 1 at Widnes, average year 2 (after he secured his return)

I wonder whether being back home close to his family in Brisbane for the first time in his career is a factor. Started out with the Storm, then Canterbury, then Widnes, then Wests - classic journeyman moving round every couple of years.

1 hour ago, The storm said:

. Err... 😀

1 hour ago, The storm said:

Exactly 

Matt Lodge the most over rated prop I have ever seen 

The Broncos are supposedly trying to offload him and offering to pay $Aus 400,000 of his salary to any takers, no doubt someone will be foolish enough to take them up on it. They could sign Russell Packer for less, both are the same use. What's Dave Taylor doing apart from putting on weight?

38 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

What a shame the so called greatest backrower in the game decided not to turn up against his former team.

I don't think you mentioned it on the David Fifita thread, who do you think is the best second row in the world at the moment?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, Spidey said:

I remember it a bit differently, he was great year 1 at Widnes, average year 2 (after he secured his return)

To be fair who was good that season?

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

11 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Kikau? 

A superb edge forward, unbelievably destructive.

As I said on the Fifita thread, I can't believe there may be another forward who would be more damaging on the edge than Kikau.

But how do we measure that impact?  Fifita has scored twice as many tries as Kakau, he has made twice as many line breaks, he has broken twice as many tackles and made three times as many off loads.  All while missing half as many tackles as Kikau and making fewer errors.  All this as Kikau plays for the unbeaten league leaders.

(note.  Fifita has played one more game than Kikau now but it would need to be a hell of a game for Kikau against Manly to close those gaps).

As I say, I am a huge fan of Kikau but the difference between him and Fifita this year is chalk and cheese.  

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

15 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

A superb edge forward, unbelievably destructive.

As I said on the Fifita thread, I can't believe there may be another forward who would be more damaging on the edge than Kikau.

But how do we measure that impact?  Fifita has scored twice as many tries as Kakau, he has made twice as many line breaks, he has broken twice as many tackles and made three times as many off loads.  All while missing half as many tackles as Kikau and making fewer errors.  All this as Kikau plays for the unbeaten league leaders.

(note.  Fifita has played one more game than Kikau now but it would need to be a hell of a game for Kikau against Manly to close those gaps).

As I say, I am a huge fan of Kikau but the difference between him and Fifita this year is chalk and cheese.  

I seem to remember we posted similar comments on the thread but and I am not disagreeing with your points but Kikau plays in a better more balanced side so is used when required were Fifita is the big money player having to push himself more to prove his worth. 

8 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

I seem to remember we posted similar comments on the thread but and I am not disagreeing with your points but Kikau plays in a better more balanced side so is used when required were Fifita is the big money player having to push himself more to prove his worth. 

He hasn’t pushed himself much in his last 3 halves of rugby 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

I wasn't bigging him up, he is young talented player who will hopefully have a great career if he stays injury free and keeps on learning, but I rate kikau as the 2nd row I would pen in first on my team sheet. 

28 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The Titans are destroying the Broncos ... but the Broncos win  , has got to be one of the best match summaries ever 

I watched the whole match 

Live on sky 

Whilst you was packing boxes in the warehouse 

So the Titans blitzed it 

Then boom

The Chinese betting syndicate gave their instructions 

Just now, The storm said:

I watched the whole match 

Live on sky 

Whilst you was packing boxes in the warehouse 

So the Titans blitzed it 

Then boom

The Chinese betting syndicate gave their instructions 

Righto , ok , whatever 

19 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

You are right, Fifita was very quiet today.  He did finish with 4th most run metres of any of the Titans team and 2nd for their forwards and I think it is interesting that so much is expected of him that 100+ running metres is 'quiet'.  For a 21 year that says a fair bit about the expectation of him and his value to his team.

By the way, I am really keen to hear who you think the best second row is in the game today?

Archived