York on Sunday ...

the old nine ole

No Twitter updates on today's game for those who aren't able to watch the OuRLeague stream. You can follow progress via the club's website.

See here: Rams Vs York blog – Dewsbury Rams

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Or the enjoyable HWD Hospital Radio broadcast. 

Has to be, I'm sick of "try again" on the BBC Web page links to the various local radio stations, utter garbage

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I have no idea who will be commentating on our televised match this evening, save to say that it will not be the totally biased Bradford bloke, Gledhill. He’s been on duty in Cumbria for the Whitehaven v Bulls match. 

He can’t get back that quickly can he?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

4 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have no idea who will be commentating on our televised match this evening, save to say that it will not be the totally biased Bradford bloke, Gledhill. He’s been on duty in Cumbria for the Whitehaven v Bulls match. 

Hopefully not.

38 minutes ago, creditwhereitsdews said:

Should have kicked the penalty when we got back to 20-20.

Those were my thoughts and once the lead was regained (on the assumption that the kick was successful) then perhaps we could have consolidated and held out for a win.

As it transpired we didn’t and York’s better ideas got them victory - with the help of our poor discipline, erratic defence and tired limbs.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Think York just had the edge overall. Great effort and we are a hard team to beat but we rely on "grinding out wins" and need to concede fewer penalties. This league is going to be tight and we need to pick up another win shortly. 

As a York fan, I thought that was a good dig by the Rams, and the result was still in the balance with 10 minutes to go. We (in general) play a bit faster than you, with a little more class in the side, and I thought that told in the end.

We all berate our teams for dropped ball/missed tackles/ptb errors, without acknowledging that the majority of these are brought on by the pressure the oppo puts on us....

Good luck for the rest of the season (and such a shame your lodgers beat you the week before😉)

17 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Those were my thoughts and once the lead was regained (on the assumption that the kick was successful) then perhaps we could have consolidated and held out for a win.

As it transpired we didn’t and York’s better ideas got them victory - with the help of our poor discipline, erratic defence and tired limbs.

I thought that we should have kicked the previous penalty too but we didn't and went on to score the try and conversion instead. How wise my choice would have been!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

16 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think York just had the edge overall. Great effort and we are a hard team to beat but we rely on "grinding out wins" and need to concede fewer penalties. This league is going to be tight and we need to pick up another win shortly. 

I was a little aggrieved by the ref pinging us for offside twice in succession in the 1st half, which led to their try, then seeming to ignore similar indiscretions by them in the 2nd. Overall though he had a decent game and York just about deserved the win with their loanees being marginally better than ours, which could have made the difference.

22 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Nigel Wood was at our game - they could have come on the same bus?

Archived