Farewell to Red Hall

Didn't realise yesterday was the RFLs last day at Red Hall:

https://www.rugby-league.com/betfred_challenge_cup/article/57999/a-fond-farewell-to-red-hall

Super League already in Manchester I think although at a separate location, so it will be interesting to see if they end up co-locating as the two bodies start to partially merge again.

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

They don't, they rented it as far as I know.

According to this it is owned by the RFL -

https://www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/east-leeds-extension/red-hall

It's edging towards some of the wealthiest parts of the north of England so, unless there are covenants about what it can be used for, they should make a nice amount from selling up.

1 hour ago, Whippet13 said:

Didn't realise yesterday was the RFLs last day at Red Hall:

https://www.rugby-league.com/betfred_challenge_cup/article/57999/a-fond-farewell-to-red-hall

Super League already in Manchester I think although at a separate location, so it will be interesting to see if they end up co-locating as the two bodies start to partially merge again.

Positive move, I think. I'd forgotten it was in the offing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

The surroundings (owned by LCC) have already been sold, about to be sold to a developer. The RFL building itself will likely be listed so not worth much to said developer if it came to market. 

It was put on the market by Knight Frank in 2019.

Can't see if it sold.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Trust me it has.

Gwan then ... how much?

On 01/05/2021 at 09:48, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Don't know the agreed sale price, but it will certainly be a boost to the council's (not the RFL's) coffers. 

So Leeds CC have even more money to build student accommodation in the city centre?

1 minute ago, Chris Taylor said:

£1.65m was the sale price then.

Just now, M j M said:

And it goes to the RFL.

Yup.

Not a game changer but should keep the wolf from the door.

Archived