On our travels again to Doncaster(Eagles)

RogerT

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must be getting nearer the time for the match I can smell Winter Green lotion. 

Will we be celebrating a victory or will we be brought down to earth by the Eagles?

Personally think it will be the team with the best defence that will win.

It is a match you want to win even if it is only by 1 point.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

Looking slack at important times as well and a couple of forwards aren't taking a ball on the move...Gledhill and Walshaw in particular.

I think once we get on attack, we look very sharp. In defence we look a little sluggish at times however. Tackling is better than in previous games, but finding it difficult to make yards to take the pressure off.

Decent game Batley look the better team, but we need a couple more second half 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

First contact tackling is absolutely awful, and their cut out passes are killing us...oh dear 6 given away, kill a rolling ball. We're on the wrong end of this, no go forward I'm afraid.

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

First contact tackling is absolutely awful, and their cut out passes are killing us...oh dear 6 given away, kill a rolling ball. We're on the wrong end of this, no go forward I'm afraid.

How did that go?

We were losing it at the hour mark, they were rolling forward, I'm happy to be proved wrong there, that was character.

50 minutes ago, Supertyke said:

I think once we get on attack, we look very sharp. In defence we look a little sluggish at times however. Tackling is better than in previous games, but finding it difficult to make yards to take the pressure off.

I thought our goal line defence was OK. Mistakes in the second half led to their tries, a defensive misread and a missed kick. What we do have in abundance are attacking threats.

1 minute ago, phildog said:

We were losing it at the hour mark, they were rolling forward, I'm happy to be proved wrong there, that was character.

We were always in it as we have threats everywhere. I agree we were struggling at times which makes it all the sweeter!

Fantastic result against a good team. 100 up for JC and whatever we're paying Gilmore & Hooley they are worth double!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

2 minutes ago, fredm said:

And if we had kicked the conversions we would have been well out of sight!

Yeah I think this could cost us dear at something in the season Fred if we don't fix it

Archived