Featherstone away Mon 17th may

12 hours ago, jroyales said:

Worried about tonight, Featherstone want 80 to go top!

On track.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we knew the games we’d be get hammered in, this and next weeks are classic examples, the problems escalate when we get beaten by the likes of Whitehaven.

To me only the names have changed from the last time we were in this division, with the same outcome, it’s going to be a long hard season 

2 minutes ago, OL14.yeds said:

Kudos to the 100 fans that travelled on a Monday night at short notice.

and it's going to be a long, miserable, journey back home for them.

9 minutes ago, jroyales said:

One thing Naylor always worked on was the team's defence. I feel any amateur side could score against them at he moment. Am I worrying too much about Diskin's ability to coach - Batley are doing great without him!

He did only sign a one year didn't he? I sincerely hope he did. 

3 minutes ago, sheddingswasus said:

68-0   Full Time

I often think I must have done something really bad in a previous life, to be reincarnated as a Roughyed supporter. 

68 nil. means they scored every 7 minutes! I suppose there will be injuries or players crying off for the easy game at York. I can't see anything else but another pasting with the present attitude. NO PRIDE IN THE SHIRT. I am embarrassed to be an Oldham supporter and it hurts saying that after 60 years of watching Oldham, home and away.

I'l probably find something else to do when they lose at home to Widnes - like weeding the garden.

A record equalling defeat against Fev.  Feb 15, 2012 - Oldham 0 Fev 68.  I suppose that defeat was worse because we were at home.  

We've now got the worst points for and the most points against too.  We need a result against York and / or Widnes or we'll likely be joining Swinton in the bottom 2 before June.

Well, that was a close run thing wasn't it? Not. And to think that briefly I considered going up to watch them. I feel for the people who paid £20 and petrol etc to watch that. Yes we probably wouldn't have beaten them but that scoreline is pathetic considering they're in the same division as us. This season is going to be a very long, difficult one. 

Wasn’t expecting us to win but 68-0 is a bit of a shocker.

Looks like we’ve conceded a try in the first minute of the game, not recovered and then been overrun. 

There’s going to have to be a big show of attitude against York next week.

Your players showed plenty of pride and came up against a good side on their own ground. And even had the decency to come over and clap the supporters. Don't expect miracles. Fev have some good talent in the side and while you might think it's a disgrace I as a Fev fan thought your players never gave up in spirit

Just now, J Phil Loxton said:

Your players showed plenty of pride and came up against a good side on their own ground. And even had the decency to come over and clap the supporters. Don't expect miracles. Fev have some good talent in the side and while you might think it's a disgrace I as a Fev fan thought your players never gave up in spirit

I went tonight and this sums it up pretty well tbf, fev have superleague quality all over the park 

1 hour ago, sheddingswasus said:

68-0   Full Time

Improved in the second half then.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived