George Williams - homesick?

4 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

It is easy for me to say because the reality is this country is an absolute cesspit and I settled in Australia very quickly. If it was up to me I'd still be there 🤣

how dare you say this country has become a cesspit?  only yesterday we were entertained by drunken eastern europeans brawling in the aldi car park near us

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

You do know that only one team at a time can win a premiership.

yes and its normally the ones with the best players

1 minute ago, Rupert Prince said:

So all the other clubs are rubbish with bad players.  

no- some players have the xfactor like thurston and some are just good players like williams - the players with the xfactor tend to win big 

2 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I find homesickness staggeringly impossible. 

It would seem that you also find empathy staggeringly impossible as well.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

no- some players have the xfactor like thurston and some are just good players like williams - the players with the xfactor tend to win big 

Your argument suggests that Hastings is not good enough.  Last seasons Man of Steel is not good enough.  Your prejudicial slip is showing.

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Can't blame anyone for wanting to get away from the cesspit we know as our capital. 

42 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

It is easy for me to say because the reality is this country is an absolute cesspit and I settled in Australia very quickly. If it was up to me I'd still be there 🤣

It's a cesspitathon.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 hours ago, nadera78 said:

Northerners really are a bunch of wusses. We've seen it for years at London Broncos; forced to pay way over the odds to get them to move only to then see them whinge and moan incessantly before returning to mummy a few months later.

Williams has the chance to play a leading role in the best rugby (either code) competition in the world, as part of a very short career, and he wants to turn his back on it? Ridiculous.

There's people on here defending them as well.

When the English were getting thumped by PNG and Tonga on the last tour, there was people on here going on about it being difficult for "Northern lads, away from home for that amount of time" (top sportspeople travel all the time to compete - what about the Olympics FFS!!)

Absolutely no concept of elite sport affording you the opportunity to travel and experience different cultures - on TotalRL, it was seen as a drawback!!

11 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Your argument suggests that Hastings is not good enough.  Last seasons Man of Steel is not good enough.  Your prejudicial slip is showing.

Not sure what Paul McShane has to do with it...

Just now, The Frying Scotsman said:

There's people on here defending them as well.

When the English were getting thumped by PNG and Tonga on the last tour, there was people on here going on about it being difficult for "Northern lads, away from home for that amount of time" (top sportspeople travel all the time to compete - what about the Olympics FFS!!)

Absolutely no concept of elite sport affording you the opportunity to travel and experience different cultures - on TotalRL, it was seen as a drawback!!

England never lost to Tonga - Great Britain and Australia did though...

44 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

I lived in oz for a few years - its got big social problems and a lack of culture and some of the big cities have big problems with racism and communities at odds with each other

I wonder why he is having so much difficulty with the transition from the North of England then?

🤔

46 minutes ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

That’s only your reality though, not everyone thinks the same aa you.

Also how di you know Australia is the ‘best country on Earth?) you must be extremely well travelled.

23 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

hastings will not win a premiership in the nrl- it is not rocket science

9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

That’s only your reality though, not everyone thinks the same aa you.

Also how di you know Australia is the ‘best country on Earth?) you must be extremely well travelled.

Put it this way, before he got kicked out he obviously didn't live in the West of Sydney, the Chinese suburbs of Melbourne or a town like say Bundaburg as they all make Wigan look like Disneyland.

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

hastings will not win a premiership in the nrl- it is not rocket science

Getting Wests into the top 8 will be a good achievement

50 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

People need to wake up.  It might be is girlfriend is homesick.

Australia will not even let Aussie cricketers back into the country.  The way things are going they might it let people back into there after the world cup.   So like others, George's future mother in law must be unhappy.  

Let's not forget French and Hastings were allowed to stay as long as possible before coming back.

The rumours I’ve read on Wigan forums and I’ve heard knocking around are that it is his girlfriend who is struggling more so than him. She is pregnant with her first child,  12,000 miles away from family and long term friends. If anyone thinks it’s clear cut that Williams himself should just man up and stick at it then they can’t be doing it with much knowledge of his situation because the position they find themselves in, living in the current climate isn’t quite like anything anybody on here will have experienced, surely? 

As for him throwing away a great opportunity, some things might be more important to the lad than playing in a better league for a team who with all due respect, are unlikely to win anything during his time at the club. He might just think he’d be happier and his partner will be happier back living near friends and family at home and in to the bargain he might get to play for a team who will challenge for trophies. 

Good luck to him whatever he decides to do. 

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

how dare you say this country has become a cesspit?  only yesterday we were entertained by drunken eastern europeans brawling in the aldi car park near us

In my opinion.... only.mine you understand..... this country is an utter sheeite hole. I ought to have left 30 years ago when I had chance..... not that this has anything to do with this thread like......

4 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

I was there for 1 1/2 years in 2004/5 and it was exactly that, after work.  Soon dropped ghat habit!

You have to have a good job to finance going to the pub after work with those prices down there, I will stay were I am thank you at £2 a pint.

2 hours ago, Scubby said:

Families can't visit Australia until next year I don't think but I get what you mean. Maybe, it is a reach out for help that was needed from GW and Canberra now know if and how they can help.

I think I mentioned access a few posts earlier.  His wife/partner might still be able to get exemption and then do quarantine.  Anyway, whatever it’s is I am confident borders will begin to open up soon.

44 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its was GB son, did you not see the shirt they had on - keep up... any negative comments about the Aussies when Tonga beat them or us it just the English you hate??

Just like your only real sports team - the Curling team in the winter Olympics is the GB Curling team....even though its full of Scots 🤣🤣

Every player was English (or English qualified) apart from 1.

It was an english team - so I referred to them as english.

Curling?? CGAF auld yin.

Archived