Can Radford retain the ‘Classy Cas’ label?

Classy Cas was just a nice illiterative soundbite coined in the 1960s. It has been relevant to Cas's style of play intermittently in the meantime but no more than to any other team in my opinion. It tends to get trotted out when Cas are playing well (as in the majority of recent seasons).

So I guess the article is really just asking if Radford will do as well as Powell. I'd be very surprised.

If relatively dour one man RL can be described as "Classy" then I would say so.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

15 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

Genuine question - how many coaches who were forwards are renowned for coaching expansive teams?

There has been plenty but in the minority compared to backs.  Tim Sheens at Canberra comes immediately to mind, Jack Gibson at Parramatta in Aus - both very innovative in their day.

Apart from the challenge cup win he failed to take Hull to new level they were capable of with the squad. I feel he did a poor job there so I can’t see how he’s going to be any better at a club with arguably less talent and less funds.

As for keeping cas classy well Hull weren’t great to watch whilst he was there if I remember rightly. 

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

They wouldn't have got a look in at the Grand Final either though without Hardaker that season. 

They were an excellent team, playing some lovely 13 man rugby. Obviously the Hardaker thing upset their applecart in the week of the GF.  Darryl is an excellent coach but I think 2017 was his best chance.  Personally I'd have liked to have seen him given a chance at England/GB. Probably too late now.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Archived