Fri 7th - Sun 9th May: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

1 minute ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

Half-time 18-18 - London beating themselves with a knock on as the hooter sounded summing up the first half. Newcastle getting the first points off a Sammut shocker. Fozard scotting over for a soft equaliser at 6-6. Then London getting a player sin-binned and Newcastle scoring two soft tries off London errors. Curiously once London got back to 13 on the field they dominated the rest of the half with Sammut, having a curates egg of a game, setting up a bomb for the second try. London fumbling and stuimbling along getting posession within the 10 metre line only for Meadows to kick away posession on the second tackle - I almost smashed the computer screen 😠 . Miski scoring the levelling try just before the break and London need to get him more involved.

Game there for the taking for whoever plays an error free second half.

London have the quality...... not that you'd notice after 40mins

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OurLeague coverage of the TO/Widnes game starts with an extended advert for the French insurance company who sponsor TO, plus George Riley commentating in French. 

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

OurLeague coverage of the TO/Widnes game starts with an extended advert for the French insurance company who sponsor TO, plus George Riley commentating in French. 

It is their home game I suppose. 

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

It is their home game I suppose. 

I'm impressed that we have someone who can comment in French. He clearly has a strong accent (and I find him a lot easier to follow than co-commentator Theo Fages 🙂 ) but his French is good enough to describe the game as it happens.

London - Newcastle .. commentary ... back to random chit chat ... boys getting tired, growing in confidence, full of running, blah, blah, blah,  .. co-comentator .. "yes, blah, blah .. " ... Shame, as it distracts from a good run round

9 minutes ago, JonM said:

I'm impressed that we have someone who can comment in French. He clearly has a strong accent (and I find him a lot easier to follow than co-commentator Theo Fages 🙂 ) but his French is good enough to describe the game as it happens.

Proper Franglais!

I wonder if the RFL viewer stats showed that they were getting a lot of viewers from France for Toulouse games.

Just now, damp squib said:

Proper Franglais!

I wonder if the RFL viewer stats showed that they were getting a lot of viewers from France for Toulouse games.

I reckon he speaks better French than approximately half of the Toulouse team on the pitch...

2 minutes ago, damp squib said:

Proper Franglais!

Maybe something to do with making the stream free to TO season tickets holders?

Widnes really struggling to cope in the forwards with Mitch Garbutt, Andrew Dixon, Lloyd White and Joe Bretherton making big yards for Toulouse. 20-0 after 28 minutes.

Full time London 50-Newcastle 30 - The Thunder making the errors in the seconbd half, London;s forward's dominating the half, Two tries for Gideon Boafo and a Sammut masterclass in the second half capped by a brilliant individual score. Miski ending the game with an interception try.

London have to be unhappy conceding 30 points, equally Newcastle were dissappoining given all the experience we were told earlier in this thread was in their side and the fact that they had a 12 point lead

London slowly shuffle away from the relegation zone but Batley await next saturday at Mount Pleasant.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Further tries for Dixon & Hitchcox to make it 30-0 at half-time. Toulouse not really looking that great, but woeful defence from Widnes means they're not having to get out of second gear.

Hugo Salabio looks a handful in the middle but this Widnes defense really isn't up to much.

30-0 Toulouse at half time. Could be an ugly final score but you can usually count on Toulouse to lose focus in the second half and ship enough points to make the scoreline more respectable.

Just now, damp squib said:

Hugo Salabio looks a handful in the middle but this Widnes defense really isn't up to much.

30-0 Toulouse at half time. Could be an ugly final score but you can usually count on Toulouse to lose focus in the second half and ship enough points to make the scoreline more respectable.

That is so true. Could end up 36-28 knowing Toulouse.

Archived