Sat 8th May: CCQF: Castleford Tigers v Salford Red Devils KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/21 at 16:30

He gets that one right, but funnily enough it was just as grounded as Kev Brown's effort before. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for Salford, they should really have won that.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Salford penalty there. Massey moves towards the defender attempting to shut down the kick. 

I’m not bothered about that outcome, I’d just be happy if these two kept going for a bit longer because TV tonight looks terrible. 

Salford were really not set for the drop, too far, so should have gone for Cas back on their own line. Were Cas off side to get up to block the kick?

Both games settled either on the 80 mins or after!

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

great game- how can 2 games be so different?

Easily, two teams determined to defend and two teams working on attacking.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, WSRD said:

The Wilkin,Peacock, Chapman, Castleford love in especially at half time made Sky look and sound professional.

Weird that. I thought the comms in the first were from the Salford video team. Strange how perspectives can be so different.

6 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

for the neutral fan that was a proper cup tie, .............. but as I ain't, and as I thought at half time, Salford could have won that game, Warrington aren't going to let Cas off the hook

And we won’t play as bad. Warrington are no world beaters.

I’m biased but thought Thaler was horrific. The elbow facial was worse than either O’Brien or Watts. The messing about in the tackle was just left continue all game. 

Anyway we are through and didn’t play anything like. Thought the Salford commentary team were decent but pretty biased. 

1 minute ago, snapski said:

And we won’t play as bad. Warrington are no world beaters.

Both semis are anybody's game for me.

Hats off to McShane, his sheer will not to be beaten won that for Castleford.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I’m not saying we need to make new competitions or resurrect old competitions or that we need to extend the play-offs or any other crazy Rugby League type ideas but knockout rugby is great and far beats the monotony of 27-30 weekly rounds of Super League. 

Archived