Sat 8th May: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/21 at 14:00

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as close as the SL game last week but same side winning.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Not as close as the SL game last week but same side winning.

I get the feeling it will be the reverse of last week.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

18 minutes ago, Padge said:

I get the feeling it will be the reverse of last week.

I very much doubt it mate.

10 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I very much doubt it mate.

Last weeks was a good game and we edged it, but Wigan are due a loss, we don't normally start a season winning.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Having watched all 6 games we have played, after a while they have all blur into one... bigger opposition make lots of ground, our 8 second rowers run and tackle like crazy, flashy backs do enough damage to see us in front, we hold on. With FC missing so many players, and especially if Reynolds doesn’t play, I see this following the same script. 

My worry for this game is that Hull may have learned more in defeat than Wigan learned in victory. It also looks like the weather may be a bit wet for the game and that concerns me given how we struggled against Leeds in the cup game last season. We really struggled against a bigger pack in that game because we couldn't make ground and we've had similar struggles during our opening games this year.

Interesting (and brilliant) to see Manfredi back in the squad. If he is going as well as everyone says, Lam could take a view that we are stronger with a back 5 of: French - Manfredi - Isa - Hardaker - Bibby, with Faz back to 2nd row... 

5 hours ago, MZH said:

Reynolds and Ma'u have both been named in the Hull squad. I'm quietly confident of turning Wigan over now.

Don't know whether I'd bring the "c" word into it but I think it gives us a fighting chance.

Connor Wynne and Jack Brown are both very good players who will bring something different too. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Does anyone know if the game will be available on iPlayer on Saturday evening by 7 or 8pm? Misses has organised a full day of fun visits to friends houses (not fun, no fun at all) so won’t be able to watch live.

3 minutes ago, John C H said:

Does anyone know if the game will be available on iPlayer on Saturday evening by 7 or 8pm? Misses has organised a full day of fun visits to friends houses (not fun, no fun at all) so won’t be able to watch live.

Just develop a cough in the morning!

56 minutes ago, John C H said:

51 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Just develop a cough in the morning!

record it

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

2 hours ago, Rupert Prince said:

The transcript of the altercation the exchange of insults last week has been published in the Manchester Evening News. 

Tony Sutton's version?

Archived