Sat 8th May: CCQF: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 14:30 (BBC)

Who will win?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/21 at 14:00

Jake Connor for sale...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Another disastrous restart from Hardaker.

Had a shocker. It was almost as if somebody had got under his skin.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Well played Hull . As a critic of Brett Hodgson's appointment as Hull Coach consider me silenced or as Jiffy said after the final hooter, Hull are " a well coached side this year" which is a very subtle and apt comment.

Hardaker horror show for a Wigan side that never got going, by contrast Adam Swift showing what he can do with a chance to play first grade on a regular basis, something he wass not going to get at St Helens.

With fans coming back for the Semi-Final,  the odds must by shortening on Hull winning the cup again.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Hats off the FC, they were far better on the day. With a team as light and young as ours, there will be days like this - happily we don’t have to play at a damp Headingley every week... FC could go a long way, as they are well balanced, and look well coached. I am not sure I would want to watch many more FC - Wigan matches.

Having been lucky enough to watch all of our matches this year, the last 2 have been a difficult watch, with the odd ray of sunlight. From what I have seen so far, there is very little between the teams left in the competition. 

Great to see Manfredi back, God willing he will keep fit and well. 

Good luck to FC, hope they kick on. 

1 minute ago, Ullman said:

Had a shocker. It was almost as if somebody had got under his skin.

Or he had one of those days. He has been superb so far, and, who knows he might be playing well while you are re watching today’s game in a few months, as the high point of your year. 🙂 

5 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Funny if I heard it right Reynolds nickname is grub. 

It is. He has decided to embrace it.

As the saying goes, once you have accepted your own faults no one can use them against you.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Rugbyleaguesupporter said:

Why don't wigan throw it round a bit more? Only looked dangerous for last 10 mins 

When you just make needless errors all the time it happens.  Hull were solid, but not especially expansive.  But they have some confidence now to face a semi.

Surely Castleford will beat Salford.

The non Saints semi will be a big opportunity for someone.

1 hour ago, 7723 said:

Ah, Mr. I’m always right  is out again. 

I suggest you check the very first post on this thread.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

3 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Or he had one of those days. He has been superb so far, and, who knows he might be playing well while you are re watching today’s game in a few months, as the high point of your year. 🙂 

Bit like last year, one of those games and I have no doubt Wigan will go on and improve upping their game until surprise surprise their in the grand final.

That is if they take kicking duties off Hardaker, I know said it earlier but that extra mental pressure doesn't ride well on his shoulders. It impacts his wider game and the kick off errors impact the whole team.

10 minutes ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

As a critic of Brett Hodgson's appointment as Hull Coach consider me silenced

What were your objections? I've always rated Hodgson as an intelligent player who'd go well in coaching.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Can't really have any complaints there. Hull were by far the better side on the day and had a few calls go against them too. I said before the game that I had worries that it would turn out like the cup game against Leeds last year and rightly so. It's been the weakness of the Wigan pack for so many years that we lack a really dominant forward and all our props tend to be very workmanlike but not particularly big threats. Satae caused all sorts of problems and the Wigan front row has no one to match that.

Liam Byrne had an absolute shocker, which can happen to young players, but what is blatantly obvious is that he's not ready to be a key forward - yet that's the role he has. He's had games like this before and you've got to be patient but patience doesn't mean that you just start them every game and hope it works out. As soon as Wigan went behind it was hard to see any way to really change the outcome.

Also a bad day for Hardaker and French to have shockers too. For all the stick that young Hanley got from Wigan fans for his performances, Hanley may have made more errors but French has made far more costly ones. He should be more than capable of putting in solid performances on the wing but I suspect he'll be back at fullback for the next game.

The only positive for Wigan was Harry Smith. All in all a poor performance from Wigan but well done to Hull and to Brett Hodgson.

10 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

He’s a young prop, learning his trade. 

theres more chance of me learning chinese algebra 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

16 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Hats off the FC, they were far better on the day. With a team as light and young as ours, there will be days like this - happily we don’t have to play at a damp Headingley every week... FC could go a long way, as they are well balanced, and look well coached. I am not sure I would want to watch many more FC - Wigan matches.

Having been lucky enough to watch all of our matches this year, the last 2 have been a difficult watch, with the odd ray of sunlight. From what I have seen so far, there is very little between the teams left in the competition. 

Great to see Manfredi back, God willing he will keep fit and well. 

Good luck to FC, hope they kick on. 

Yes good luck to Hull, but I don't know were you get 'well balanced'. 

Saints played their worst game of the season last night and I believe Catalans were rubbish.   We were totally not focussed and clearly dont like the wet.  But we were 1 pass from getting a draw on the 80th minute.

Without the errors Hull would never have got close to our own line.  No way can you win anything like that. 

Davis' analysis all game was good.  Generally I thought commentator was awful. 

1 minute ago, Lowdesert said:

With the weather we’ve had overnight and this morning it was never going to be an open game but it doesn’t matter it was a Hull FC win against a very determined side.  

The Bar is now officially open 🍺🍺🍺🥃

have you seen some of the conditions in sydney this season?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

45 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

I would have thought it was plain as a pike staff why Wigan had lost.

Too many errors.

Hooker not good enough.

Pack completely dominated by Hull's needs to go on that list.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

2 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

have you seen some of the conditions in sydney this season?

Come on, it’s been torrential and very cold.  No way was this ever going to be an open game.

Anyway, I’m cycling round your way tomorrow Johnny.  If your out tying the horses down I’ll drop you a bottle off.

Archived