Fri 7th May: CCQF: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 18:00 (Sky Sports)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/05/21 at 17:30

Discuss the Betfred Challenge Cup quarter final:

Fri 7th May: Catalans Dragons v Warrington Wolves KO 18:00 (Sky Sports)
(at Emerald Headingley, Leeds)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking forward to watching this until I realised its only being shown on the remnant-bin Sky Mix Channel, the one that turns your TV screen into the bottom of a jam jar.

If Sky Sports Robbery can't provide HD for what is an applicable 'payed for' subscription classified sporting event the RL shouldn't give em the game.

The picture clarity of Sky Sports Mix is absolutely rubbish 😡

Catalans need to prevent Garry Widdop from Melbourne from marking Sam Tomkins so closely that Samkins can't get the backline in motion. If Widdop can be restrained then Catalans can win. But James Maloney and Josh Drinkwater finding form would also make everything easier for their team.

The form of Greg Inglis will also be a big factor.

4 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Don't expect anything attacking-wise from him, apart from the odd fend or reverse pass.   He's still working it out after over two years out and he's short of pace.   However, he was pretty much a Konrad Hurrell last week and took several opposing players out of the defensive structure as they tried to put him down.   That creates gaps for Clark.

My only worry over Inglis is his positioning in defence as he slowly adjusts... he has to play to get match fit though.   His communicating once he went to full back was great to watch and you could see how the other players wanted to listen.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Don't expect anything attacking-wise from him, apart from the odd fend or reverse pass.   He's still working it out after over two years out and he's short of pace.   However, he was pretty much a Konrad Hurrell last week and took several opposing players out of the defensive structure as they tried to put him down.   That creates gaps for Clark.

My only worry over Inglis is his positioning in defence as he slowly adjusts... he has to play to get match fit though.   His communicating once he went to full back was great to watch and you could see how the other players wanted to listen.

Lots of decisions for price, fullback, centre, wing and stand off also bench prop. I do think Inglis will only get better. 

18 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Lots of decisions for price, fullback, centre, wing and stand off also bench prop. I do think Inglis will only get better. 

What are we expecting? I think Price will put Mamo in at Fb, Lineham back on the wing and then everything stays as per the team that started vs KR.

3 minutes ago, mrfranco said:

What are we expecting? I think Price will bring Mamo in at Fb and then everything stays as per the team that started vs KR.

Maybe Inglis with lineham returns on the wing. Or he may bring Austin back, Ratchford at fb, Inglis centre, Mamo wing. 

I hope he give Akualo another chance. 

2 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Maybe Inglis with lineham returns on the wing. Or he may bring Austin back, Ratchford at fb, Inglis centre, Mamo wing. 

I hope he give Akualo another chance. 

Ah yeah, I meant with Lineham coming back in... I'll rephrase it!

7 hours ago, Manfred Mann said:

Catalans need to prevent Garry Widdop from Melbourne from marking Sam Tomkins so closely that Samkins can't get the backline in motion. If Widdop can be restrained then Catalans can win. But James Maloney and Josh Drinkwater finding form would also make everything easier for their team.

You forgot to mention Jason Clark, Mamo, Akauola, Whare, Langi and Kasiano.  Oh and Mike Cooper played in the NRL as well.

"I'm a traditionalist and I don"t think you'd ever see me coaching an Australian national side!"  Lee Radford, RLW March 2016

Proud to be a member of the TRL woke claque

I like Lineham but I'm not sure whether he should displace Mamo who has been fantastic, nor Charnley who has looked much better the last two games.   Lineham has missed a hell of a lot of games through suspension and should have to fight his way back in (no pun intended).

I think I'd go for a back line of:

FB Thewlis, RW Mamo, RC King, LC Inglis, LW Charnley

Austin off the bench when the Cats forwards tire.

18 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

I like Lineham but I'm not sure whether he should displace Mamo who has been fantastic, nor Charnley who has looked much better the last two games.   Lineham has missed a hell of a lot of games through suspension and should have to fight his way back in (no pun intended).

I think I'd go for a back line of:

FB Thewlis, RW Mamo, RC King, LC Inglis, LW Charnley

Austin off the bench when the Cats forwards tire.

Catalans forwards never tire.

12 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Where’s Flakey Blake? Is he stuck at the airport like that film with Tom Hanks?

He's playing - Ratchford has just pulled out.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sin bin for Dudson. Not a dream start for Catalans.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived