Sun 9th May: The Betfred Women's Challenge Cup Q/F Match Thread

Discuss the Betfred Women's Challenge Cup quarter finals here:

Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls
St Helens v Featherstone Rovers
Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers
York City Knights v Wigan Warriors

Dates and times to be confirmed

York v Wigan is live on The Sportsman YouTube channel from noon on Sunday 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Might be an even more interesting watch now York have signed 5 from Cas.

Saw that. Will they be able to play on Sunday?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Not worth its own thread but should be of interest to anyone reading this one:

This year's women's final will be live on BBC Two (as opposed to online/red button) as part of the a triple header of games that will include the men's semi finals double-header.

Coverage has started. York have added some talent and experience during the week, so let's see how they fit in.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

First try to York, off a nice offload.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice stepping sees Anna Davis score in the corner for Wigan. The conversion misses, so it is York 6:4 Wigan.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rachel Thompson gives Wigan the lead. The new faces in the York side may be internationals, but their defensive coherence is not quite there yet.

York 6:8 Wigan - a much easier conversion missed.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

York up 12-8. Two tries each - the kicks are the difference so far.

Bethany Lambert replies for York.  The difference between the teams is just the conversions.

12:8

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Huge dummy by the Wigan FB Greenfield and she levels the scores. The conversion sneaks in.

York 12:14 Wigan

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1,100 watching now.

Wigan looking like they could add a couple more before the break. York hanging on but Wigan really upping the tempo now.

Wigan in again, against the narrow York defence. No conversion.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Halstead in for York, after Limbert was held up.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

18 all at HT, and Wigan have a bit of a kicking problem.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived