York City Knights v Wigan Warriors

Dates and times to be confirmed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just caught up with the Sportsman stream. Tremendous match. How good is York’s Rhiannon Marshall? She’s got everything, not least a wand of a left peg. Very impressed.

York v Wigan is live on The Sportsman YouTube channel from noon on Sunday 

Why do pundits give player of the match to someone because they finish off a try-scoring move? Asking rhetorically, since I know the answer all too well. As someone who watches a lot of Australia

York v Wigan is live on The Sportsman YouTube channel from noon on Sunday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, RigbyLuger said:

Might be an even more interesting watch now York have signed 5 from Cas.

Saw that. Will they be able to play on Sunday?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If the above games deliver more one-sided score-lines this weekend, it`s worth recording, for context, that 3 of the 4 NSW women`s premiership games played today finished, Cronulla 80 Cabramatta 0, Wests 46 Glebe 0, and Souths 0 Central Coast 38.

Women`s RL is a work in progress everywhere.

Not worth its own thread but should be of interest to anyone reading this one:

This year's women's final will be live on BBC Two (as opposed to online/red button) as part of the a triple header of games that will include the men's semi finals double-header.

• Like 3

Coverage has started. York have added some talent and experience during the week, so let's see how they fit in.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

First try to York, off a nice offload.

Nice stepping sees Anna Davis score in the corner for Wigan. The conversion misses, so it is York 6:4 Wigan.

Rachel Thompson gives Wigan the lead. The new faces in the York side may be internationals, but their defensive coherence is not quite there yet.

York 6:8 Wigan - a much easier conversion missed.

York up 12-8. Two tries each - the kicks are the difference so far.

Bethany Lambert replies for York.  The difference between the teams is just the conversions.

12:8

YouTube counter reckons 855 watching

Huge dummy by the Wigan FB Greenfield and she levels the scores. The conversion sneaks in.

York 12:14 Wigan

Edited by Futtocks

1,100 watching now.

Wigan looking like they could add a couple more before the break. York hanging on but Wigan really upping the tempo now.

Wigan in again, against the narrow York defence. No conversion.

Halstead in for York, after Limbert was held up.

18 all at HT, and Wigan have a bit of a kicking problem.

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Halstead in for York, after Limbert was held up.

Women players are often unaware that they`re allowed markers on the 10m line after a player has been held up over the goal-line. They defend it like a tap penalty. Which makes you wonder about their coaches.