1 hour ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

the touch judge recommended a yellow card the referee overruled him. Player welfare? 

I think it was reckless. A yellow card would have been a reasonable response.

10 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

the touch judge recommended a yellow card the referee overruled him. Player welfare? 

It’s another case of does the sport really take head injuries seriously enough. If you just concede a penalty for something like this it’ll never leave out game

8 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That’s bad. The Faraimo one the week before was a shocker, too. 

And similarly the disciplinary then dish out a suspension.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

And similarly the disciplinary then dish out a suspension.  

That’s lovely, however, the post I replied to was in relation to the lack of onfield action by officials, of which the Faraimo incident was another example of and was a shocker that he “got away with” on the day. 

48 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

That’s lovely, however, the post I replied to was in relation to the lack of onfield action by officials, of which the Faraimo incident was another example of and was a shocker that he “got away with” on the day. 

I was agreeing but highlighting how the advantage is passed on to the next opponents. 🙂

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I think it was reckless. A yellow card would have been a reasonable response.

the only issue (and it would be a cop out for the ref to use it) is who do you bin... as all 3 seemed to lose control of the tackle... do you bin the 3rd man as it was stable till he got involved or the guy holding him on the left who seemed to be the on in control but lost it... etc

Someone should have gone for 10 though for sure. 

2 hours ago, RP London said:

the only issue (and it would be a cop out for the ref to use it) is who do you bin... as all 3 seemed to lose control of the tackle... do you bin the 3rd man as it was stable till he got involved or the guy holding him on the left who seemed to be the on in control but lost it... etc

Someone should have gone for 10 though for sure. 

I'd argue that the bloke on the left, has a duty of care, and should (with a little time to think) have held the ball carriers head up to protect his head and neck. The third man in, lifted his legs way above his waist and that, as far as I know, is now a well defined example of foul play. 

21 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

I'd argue that the bloke on the left, has a duty of care, and should (with a little time to think) have held the ball carriers head up to protect his head and neck. The third man in, lifted his legs way above his waist and that, as far as I know, is now a well defined example of foul play. 

so would you bin the 3rd man in?... i think i probably would. 

1 minute ago, RP London said:

so would you bin the 3rd man in?... i think i probably would. 

Yes, that's what I meant, don't know why I didn't round it off with that statement.

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

Yes, that's what I meant, don't know why I didn't round it off with that statement.

😄 

I thought that was pretty much where you had got to but just wanted to clarify for my own good whether you thought the same way. 

I thought that was a pretty nasty one, often players let go when they have somebody in an awkward position, but that didn't appear to happen here. 

I'd have given a red card and a few game ban. 

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

I thought that was a pretty nasty one, often players let go when they have somebody in an awkward position, but that didn't appear to happen here. 

I'd have given a red card and a few game ban. 

I agree with you in general but I'm not sure that just letting go is the best approach rather than ensuring a safe landing. As distinct from trying to ensure more control in trying to ensure a safe landing.

On 05/05/2021 at 14:35, fighting irish said:

I have never heard that in Rugby League, or seen it in the rules.

The rules are quite clear though. The tackle meets the definition of a dangerous throw, and should be penalised.

The NRL guidelines for a sin bin regarding dangerous throws are where a tackled players head/neck makes forceful contact with the ground.  In the NRL therefore, this would meet the criteria for a sin bin.

Archived